• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coast Guard Motivational Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Here's my first attempt. :)

BTW, w/ RATED-R version - please keep the kids away. PG-13 version included, slightly larger in size, but slightly better video and audio quality. And needless to say, this is not an "official" Coast Guard video, and I probably won't keep it up too long. You've been warned.

Backstory... I got rather tired of the Navy, Marine and Air Force instructors walking into teach an API class begin by playing one of their services "motivational" videos... so, decided to come up with my own.

Problem is, there isn't a lot of video out there on the net, I pretty much ripped everyone off... and I don't have a video capture device/DV digital camera to snag segments from Weather Channel's Storm Stories and other shows... :p

So anyway, me elite editing skills aren't elite at all :D When I get more time (yeah right), I may try to fine tune it.. some spots a tad off, and the end kinda fizzles.. FYI, the Shuttle at the end is STS-106. Second Coastie to go up.. can't find video of the first. The Coast Guard Ensign (flag) that went up with the first Coastie is hanging in the Lighthouse on NAS Pensacola.

Lemme know what you think..

http://home.mchsi.com/~bradspam/motivation-pg.wmv

http://home.mchsi.com/~coasties/motivation.wmv

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dude, that's your first attempt? That was fantastic. And you rarely see net videos effectively use speed ramping. Nice job! Ahh the Jayhawk....

cricechex

I must agree. You definately under promised and over achieved! Good Job! I didn't see a thing that you were talking about. It just goes to show how picky people are of their own work.
Chris
AME2STA2USNA

Enrique

Super that's my review..you will get my vote for the best video of the year
icon_smile.gif

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Great vid. and excellent work. You weren't kidding about the rated R part. That Kid Rock has got a mouth on 'em. I sound like my grandmother...

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Hey none of us work with the liberal Hollywood types to critique your work. As far as I can tell, it was professionally made. Just keep the R rated movies coming and stay away from that PG crap.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
you know that was awesome..almost made me wanna switch to the Coast Guard...seriously it was good

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by BigWorm
Hey none of us work with the liberal Hollywood types to critique your work. As far as I can tell, it was professionally made.

What the hell does that mean...and what does that matter? Seems kind of like a bizarre statement. But I have worked doing both corporate and broadcast video, so maybe I'm taking it personally.

Regardless, again, nice job Elder.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
The video of the shuttle at the end is of Atlantis STS-106. STS-106 carried the SECOND Coastie into space, Daniel C. Burbank.

I couldn't locate video of the shuttle that had the first Coastie. *shrug*

New PG-13 Version should be at the following address soon (uploading as I'm posting).

http://home.mchsi.com/~bradspam/motivation-pg.wmv

It's much cleaner as far as language, and the chorus actually fits more. I also upped the quality as much as I could but still had to keep it under 10MB so it would fit on my web site... it's about 9.33.. video and audio is a tad better. Still a slight stutter in video here and there, but eh, it works until I upgrade my 1700+ to a 3200+ w/ 1GB :p But that will have to wait.. FAM 5 on Tuesday :

E

MikeRDar

Coastie ENS
That was a top-notch video... I was an electrical engineer at CGA and one of my classmates put together a sweet video to "Bodies". It rocks, but it's also 86MB or so, so it'll be a while 'till I can find a place to host it.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Elder,
Nice Job!!!
Kinda curious.....
About how long did it take you to put that together and what software do most people use when they make something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.