• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coast Guard Aviation & Blue 21 Program

midwestcop

When I first heard of the Blue 21 program two years ago and found out my undergrad degree wasn't from a qualifying school, I e-mailed the LTJG Blue 21 advisor with the USCG, who told me I could either get another bachelor's degree or a master's degree from a qualifying school. I chose the master's route and was luckily able to find a respectable school which qualified.

laura_b

Well, thank all of you for your help and insights. Being able to speak to people who have actually gone through the entire process helps a great deal. I suppose my main concern was making the wrong decision in joining. Basically, it came to the fear of doing it alone. I want someone there with me. Someone who made the same decision as I did. I guess it makes it more comforting for me, to know that if the decision was wrong then at least I would not be in a bad situation in the end alone. I know that at this point I just need to do what is right for my situation and not others. Sorry, I know this kinda ventured off the point- but I had to get that off my chest :p