• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Co-pilot lands plane after pilot dies in flight

KBayDog

I noticed it when I was a S/O and then a F/O ... I thought those voicing it stupid and ignorant of the realities of airline aviation. Sometimes when I was a F/O an agent/passenger would approach me for a "Captain's call" about something or other ... I always pointed at the Captain and said ... "why don't you talk to the Captain , I'm only the First Officer"???

"That ain't my department, sir." :D

plc67

pilot
By the way he really wasn't the co-pilot. If he's giving IOE he's still the Captain. Namely until the student is signed off the check airman still signs the flight release and logbook and is still PIC. So the Captain still landed the airplane. At least that's the way it is where I give IOE.

KSUFLY

pilot
By the way he really wasn't the co-pilot. If he's giving IOE he's still the Captain. Namely until the student is signed off the check airman still signs the flight release and logbook and is still PIC. So the Captain still landed the airplane. At least that's the way it is where I give IOE.

Very good point. But as A4 stated, the world is filled with idiots and if you said that the captain landed the plane after the pilot died, well people would be confused. Because the captain is the pilot and the pilot is the captain. No one really knows what the guy in the right seat does for sure.

But for those of us that have been up front know the pilot in the right seat basically does everything and the one in the left takes all the credit when it's done right. :icon_wink

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
But for those of us that have been up front know the pilot in the right seat basically does everything and the one in the left takes all the credit when it's done right. :icon_wink

Thats true in a helo if the HAC is left seat.:D

MasterBates

What is this left "ATO aka 2P" seat you speak of HAC's getting in?

<---- not a single left seat flight in my last ~150 hours in the 60B