• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNATRA Bids Farewell to Orange and White Paint Scheme

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Why is it I get the idea the Navy can take any idea and make it worse through poor execution, yet take an a$$ed up idea and execute it perfectly?
This is what will probably be the result...

Attachments

• Petticoat.jpg
    Petticoat.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 14

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
When in the past 15 years has that ever been a thing?

My crew flew a fully painted CAG jet over Afghanistan.
It's been a thing in some airwings since around 2015-2016.

I think some of it does come from the same group of guys at the wing that bitch about corrosion on a bunch of airplanes that operate around and over salt water all the time, and yet wont give us a bird bath to drive our airplanes through after our flights. I'll tell you a secret, the AF has figured out how to make it happen with their light grays in Kadena so it can be done with Boeing airplanes.

IRfly

None
No flight suits in the NCR isn't new, and isn't from CNO. In fact, they just changed the NCR uniform policy to allow Type IIIs instead of khakis. I'd personally rather where khakis than guacamoles.

I've avoided the "building" or any job in DC, but I'm fairly certain flight suits in NCR have been restricted to personnel flying that day for at least 10 years.
So...other than a brief period 2019-2020ish, when type III NWUs were allowed in the Pentagon, Pentagon has been khakis or higher. I think we're on the same page with this.

Outside of the Pentagon but at other NCR Navy commands, NWUs seemed like a "local guidance"-type thing, and the instruction, as related to me when I checked in at my WNY command, was that wherever NWUs could be worn, flight suits could also be worn.

You're right, the instruction two weeks ago was released by N1, not acting CNO. Complete coincidence. Before that instruction I was wearing my flight suit. After, I am not. And the instruction specifically bans flight suits (tradeoff for NWUs, I guess), and there would be no point in that unless they were authorized.

jmcquate

Contributor
Is Ft. Belvoir considered in the NCR, because there's a whole bunch of flight suits at my agency.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Having worked in the DC area for almost 20 years Navy flight suit policy has waxed and waned over the years. When I first showed up the Navy folks on the Joint Staff, and only the JS, wore flight suits. Three years later almost all Navy folks except those in the Navy staff was wearing them. Two years later, no one was wearing them anymore unless you were on weekend watch.

Since then I’ve seen it go back and forth a few times, but stopped caring for some strange reason a few years ago.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sad to see a bunch of buffoonery currently over CAG jets. I’m admittedly out of the loop anymore, but I thought I remembered old timers saying that was a thing back in the day, like in the 80s or 90s.