• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNATRA Bids Farewell to Orange and White Paint Scheme

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This is correct, although I thought the USAF was moving to the -139A for training as well.
Negative. -139 is for security forces mission to protect strategic missile silos and it will also find a home on other ancillary missions. The schoolhouse for the 139 will be at Maxwell and a number of the IP billets will be GS-13 if you are interested ?

taxi1

pilot
I'm asking seriously, with no sarcasm. Is this something that they think will appeal to the SNA and increase morale?
The ideas for the paint schemes came from the SNAs and instructors.

Chief of Naval Air Training (CNATRA) leadership authorized a plan to replace the orange-and-white paint scheme of CNATRA aircraft following the consideration of many proposals submitted by instructors and Student Naval Aviators assigned to Naval Aviation Training Command (NATRACOM).

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Wait, whut ???
No flight suits in the NCR isn't new, and isn't from CNO. In fact, they just changed the NCR uniform policy to allow Type IIIs instead of khakis. I'd personally rather where khakis than guacamoles.

I've avoided the "building" or any job in DC, but I'm fairly certain flight suits in NCR have been restricted to personnel flying that day for at least 10 years.

taxi1

pilot
Hope those T-45 studs have studied their lost sight game plan! That jet is going to be hard to see in haze gray.
Oh good god...are the USAF aircraft orange and white?Are they running into each other constantly? You guys are all TCAS cripples now anyway.

The basic trainer will be a glossy blue, ala WWII.

The advanced will be a glossy grey with colored markings and a big ass colored tail flash. And probably hydraulic fluid stains and whatnot.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Marines watching the Navy discover some dumb arbitrary uniform rules that make zero sense and drag down morale through daily inconveniences.

“So you’re saying you rather me run out of gas on the side of the highway than ‘grossly dishonor the Corps’ and stopping at a gas station? You’re a moron.” - Me (probably) to any field grade

1693500657537.jpeg

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Oh good god...are the USAF aircraft orange and white?Are they running into each other constantly? You guys are all TCAS cripples now anyway.

The basic trainer will be a glossy blue, ala WWII.

The advanced will be a glossy grey with colored markings and a big ass colored tail flash. And probably hydraulic fluid stains and whatnot.
Yea dude it was a joke; I’m refering to BFM. I’m not saying they’re going to hit each other, but an stud with zero experience of where to look in the sky for the bandit will probably struggle (as I did with a brightly painted orange jet). They’ll figure it out.

Last time I flew anything with TCAS was in primary and spent my fleet life flying around a broken jet with broken radars. I know they’ll survive.

The world will not fall apart from this, I know.

taxi1

pilot
I’m refering to BFM. I’m not saying they’re going to hit each other, but an stud with zero experience of where to look in the sky for the bandit will probably struggle (as I did with a brightly painted orange jet).
Don't you just look for the diamond on your helmet mounted display?