• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clearance Interviews, what happens?

Nussarat Sangaram

I was just wondering since I get nervous with interviews and didn't realize that there would also be a clearance interview. I've been reading a lot of forums and threads so have gotten most of my questions answered, and since didn't know about the clearance interview, just wanted to ask. I assure you, nothing fishy's going on :)

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I was just wondering since I get nervous with interviews and didn't realize that there would also be a clearance interview. I've been reading a lot of forums and threads so have gotten most of my questions answered, and since didn't know about the clearance interview, just wanted to ask. I assure you, nothing fishy's going on :)

You need to make your profile available so other members will be more willing to help you. But to be nice and since its friday, the interviews will happen LONG after OCS. You need to make your way to EARNING a commission before any interview will take place.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Limiting who can view your profile isn't the right answer.

Nussarat Sangaram

You need to make your profile available so other members will be more willing to help you. But to be nice and since its friday, the interviews will happen LONG after OCS. You need to make your way to EARNING a commission before any interview will take place.

Thank you for the answer and for being nice

jander12

pilot
CUPike11: You need to make your profile available so other members will be more willing to help you. But to be nice and since its friday, the interviews will happen LONG after OCS. You need to make your way to EARNING a commission before any interview will take place.

Are you referring to clearance interviews? I had a clearance interview recently and I have not even submitted my package to anything yet (board I'm waiting for is in December 2013).

Nussarat Sangaram

When you say you are waiting for Dec board, does that mean you'll find out if you were selected? This is the timeline my recruiter gave me:

Paperwork completed, OAR taken, Package Submitted 1 September.
-1 October Board Convenes and review applications.
-1 November, Board Results
-1 December, Final Select Letters Released
-After receiving your final select letter we can begin talking about Commissioning and OCS. I would imagine there will be roughly 5 month wait from that point. That's the current wait time, roughly, for Selected Candidates.

jander12

pilot
When you say you are waiting for Dec board, does that mean you'll find out if you were selected? This is the timeline my recruiter gave me:

Paperwork completed, OAR taken, Package Submitted 1 September.
-1 October Board Convenes and review applications.
-1 November, Board Results
-1 December, Final Select Letters Released
-After receiving your final select letter we can begin talking about Commissioning and OCS. I would imagine there will be roughly 5 month wait from that point. That's the current wait time, roughly, for Selected Candidates.

As far as I know, the next Aviation board (that I'll be ready for) convenes 2 DEC 2013. From what I've read, 2 weeks is an average wait time for finding out selection. Could be shorter, could be longer.

Nussarat Sangaram

I'm going for SUPPO and SWO, but feel like I should give at third choice, but not really sure what to pick. I've thought about Public Affairs, and don't want anything in Aviation. Advice anyone?

exNavyOffRec

I'm going for SUPPO and SWO, but feel like I should give at third choice, but not really sure what to pick. I've thought about Public Affairs, and don't want anything in Aviation. Advice anyone?

The past several years PAO has only accepted applications from fleet applicants, not sure if they will continue to do that but if not even before they did that 99% of the people they picked were fleet applicants.