• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clear the skies...PiC tomorrow

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
First IP flight for me:eek: :eek: :eek: ...on new green route. Keep clear of it AND Site 8.

Oh, and mules...make sure you don't drift too far towards me. :)

Back to course rulz.

~D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First IP flight for me:eek: :eek: :eek: ...on new green route. Keep clear of it AND Site 8.

Back to course rulz.

~D

IUT complete. Who and where are you teaching? Refreshen my memory, VT, HT, SNFOs or SNAs?

Brett

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
My guess would be HT's since it is in the Helo's forum.... come on brett you are slipping.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot

Back to course rulz.

~D

What'd they change on it? Something new to avoid alpacas or some other gay noise abatement thing?

Pags

N/A
pilot

Back to course rulz.

~D

Ugh...Site 8. Had a few terrible days there back in Fams. I was always a much bigger Harold fan.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What'd they change on it? Something new to avoid alpacas or some other gay noise abatement thing?

Don't mock the alpacas. They're a force to be reckoned with. I know one poor IUT that got "held up" by the alpacas (not because he did anything wrong, btw).

mules83

getting salty...
pilot

~D

You better stay clear of me. I'm in the towplane most of the time now and might drag the tow rope through that spinning thing...:eek:

I'll be out there at 1100 tomorrow so stay east of that north/south road (rt 99) or ELSE!!!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't mock the alpacas. They're a force to be reckoned with. I know one poor IUT that got "held up" by the alpacas (not because he did anything wrong, btw).

I didn't know the Alpacas inhabited FL.

They're clearly agents of Satan!
alpaca.jpg

Brett

gregsivers

pilot
I didn't know the Alpacas inhabited FL.

They're clearly agents of Satan!
alpaca.jpg

Brett

There's some people out NW of Pcola who own a ranch with a herd(?) of alpacas. They b!tch and complain about the noise the helos make, I guess some got spooked a while back and ran into a fence and died. Right before I left in 18 they put up a poster and an R&I practically declaring the alpaca farm a Restricted Area.

And yes, definitely agents of Satan, along with cats.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's some people out NW of Pcola who own a ranch with a herd(?) of alpacas. They b!tch and complain about the noise the helos make, I guess some got spooked a while back and ran into a fence and died. Right before I left in 18 they put up a poster and an R&I practically declaring the alpaca farm a Restricted Area.

And yes, definitely agents of Satan, along with cats.

Any beast which inadvertently commits suicide by running into a fence probably deserves to die. :D

Brett

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

That and the fact that the Navy/MC NEVER use 1:24,000 charts.

The new green route is a horseshoe on a JOG air chart (1:250K) which is what the MC has been using for long distance nav...supposedly more practical.

In addition to that, they changed the Tact. Landing Pattern...from 100', 80kts to 200', 80 kts to more match the TLP of the H-60. Also less risky I guess.

The flights today were great...2 above MIF for my ENS, 1 above for my LTJG...I'm such a Santa Claus.

gregsivers

pilot
The flights today were great...2 above MIF for my ENS, 1 above for my LTJG...I'm such a Santa Claus.

On a low level nav flight yeah.;) Although I'll confess I did get an above or so on a couple of those flights. Did either one have pictures of the checkpoints from Google Earth? Several "motivators" did that when I was there a few months ago.