• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Classing Up?

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Not sure you need a PPL to be considered IFS complete. Let's say, arbitrarily, that you have 40 hours towards your PPL but no lisence you could possibly be considered IFS complete if you bring in your log books and have them verified. You only get like 12 or 13 hours in IFS now anyway so even if you do have to go through, it's not going to hold you up that much.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Only thing that works to complete IFS is a private pilot license.

False, I know someone who did not have a PPL and was ifs complete. Pretty sure he had the boxes check to take his ride though.

MidWestEwo

None
I stand corrected. At our IFS meeting they asked who had their PPL to be considered IFS complete. They didn't say anything about certain hours or check rides. Honestly though, if you don't have a PPL, what could it hurt to go through the basic school again to get refreshed on knowledge you will need for API? That, and you get 15 free flying hours.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
When I went through in '08, they only waived you if you had a PPL or greater. No amount of hours or solos qualified if you didn't have the FAA cert. This could have changed since then in light of them cutting back the program, but I have no idea.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
The example I know of was around the beginning of 07. So, I guess it has since changed. I wouldn't mind doing IFS, something to do for a few weeks of the never ending wait and free hours.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
We had a guy with 33 hours in our IFS class. Just didn't have his PPL, so that was why he was there.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
With the "new" IFS only requiring a local solo, the game may have changed - ask your LTs in Flight Management.