• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Classing up Meridian on May 21st?

fierceseaman

pilot
Just wondering if there was anyone on the board that is classing up on 21 May. Trying to make a few friends early.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot

Just go ahead and fast foward to 7:20.

Mr. Douglas will be your friend there!

(This is a tame J.D. event.)

:)

Welcome!

Junior

pilot
It might not be fun, but in a weird way I actually appreciated my sims with JD. I went into those sims ridiculously overprepared and was ready to work hard. You may not agree with his teaching methods, but it has its merits. I agree with the commodore in saying you are very lucky if the worst thing you ever have happen to you in the cockpit is JD ripping you a new one.

Schmuck

This has been an ongoing study of mine but I think I finally came up with a theory about advanced (Meridian). Here it is:

Good sim pulls throughout advanced = high nss.
Bad sim pulls throughout advanced = low nss.

Of course you have those outliers that seem to rise to the challenges of those tough instructors, however for the majority this theory seems true.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Sims definately have something to do with it, but lets be honest, if you suck, you suck.

Junior

pilot
This has been an ongoing study of mine but I think I finally came up with a theory about advanced (Meridian). Here it is:

Good sim pulls throughout advanced = high nss.
Bad sim pulls throughout advanced = low nss.

Of course you have those outliers that seem to rise to the challenges of those tough instructors, however for the majority this theory seems true.
Same thing with IP's at the squadron too. The thing I thought about sims: You're going to suffer through a rough hour and a half, but the tough sim instructors will usually throw you a bone. Just know your shit and don't try to bs JD, Z, etc.