• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Classing Up Already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
I've barely moved down here to Kingsville and they are telling me that I'm classing up 2nd week of March. What was the deal with "The Long Waits" in the jet pipeline? I guess I lucked out. Some guys were telling me that they had waited 4 months before classing up while I didn't even have to wait more then 3 weeks. Any info on how the IP's are like in VT-21?

Well, I'm going to hit the books and get myself ready. Talk to you guys after winging :icon_wink ....Gotta study and do well.

Good Luck everyone.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
That's just the way it goes... The waits fluctuate all the time. Everything I've seen in the flight program so far is open/close firehose.

I start GS tomorow, but I had waited about 2 months before I classed up (longer if you count the time I waited in Milton).

Everyone I've talked to said the IPs in both squadrons here are pretty cool. I only heard horror stories of jet-advanced while in primary, but everyone here seems to love it and says it is a lot better than primary.

Welcome to K-rock!

Balanc51

I heard they were giving backseat rides while people are waiting...is that true?? also was wondering if Kingsville was hard to get in the simulator before classing up. thanks

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Yes, you can get a backseat ride as long as you have the "seat" class and have gear to wear. Ideally, you want to have your own flight gear fit, but supposedly you can use "pool gear" too. All of this you can arrange w/ stucon when you check in.

I managed to grab a backseat ride last wednesday and it was awesome! It's easy to find an open spot and the squadrons encourage it. Aside from the fun factor, it get's you familiar with the jet and flight ops.

You have to wait until you have the sim class before jumping in a sim here. They won't schedule you for that until you are about a month or so from classing up. Once you do that, you can go in one as often as you like. Availability varies on lots of things, but if you are motivated, you should be able to get in a couple a week.

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
Physix;
Be ready to hit the ground running. When I showed up here, I only waited a week or so before I classed up. It's not nearly as bad as all the Navy guys make it out to be. 12 hour days are not forever and it was more like 14 hour instead of 12. For anything worth while, you will have to work but no reason to be afraid. Do you know which flight you'll be in? Most of the IP's are awesome....You'll love it there. You will get T-38 rides here at Vance but it's much more enjoyable after you graduate.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Different location (Meridian), but I waited 6 months to start. Ugh.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
^
what a great movie

anyways, I was one of the guys who waited 8 months to start :wow:

they told us they couldn't wing us until FY'06, well all that has changed in the last 2 weeks, now they want us winged this fiscal year

what does that mean? flying 6 days a week, 2 events per day, and being done with the syllabus in 10 months

which is good, cause I've already been in K'rock for a year and I'm past ready to get the hell out of here

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
When are they going to start the "Charlie" sylabus down in K'ville. You guys have a couple of our jets and I think you guys got a couple new C's from St Louis as well. Which squadron is going to start the with the C's first?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
they plan on the first IP class in May with studs starting in June, we already have a good deal of IP's charlie qualed

and as far as I know, both squadrons are going to get an equal share, we're splitting the 3 there is now

Status
Not open for further replies.