• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Class 186: The Making of a Marine Officer

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Forgive me if this has been posted before, I conducted a pretty thorough search but nothing came up.

Since I have already gotten my run out of the way for the day I thought I'd spend some time looking at information on USMC OCS as I'm applying for OCC-196. Anyway, I came across the following website which details some of the experiences of Class 186 which I found interesting and somewhat motivating.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/class186/

I thought some of you who are aspiring to go or already have recieved news that you will be attending OCS would like to browse the site.

SETX07

its a repost but still good and informative none the less. i was there that summer for juniors. The clip of the candidate getting yelled at for screwing up the sgt instructors drill was my company. the lead platoon marched right up in another companies drill when the candidate plt sgt panicked and lost control of the plt as he called cadence. im glad i was about three plt's back in the company formation.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Haha. Best quote ever was in the pickup vid "I was dumping my own shit all over the place. I didn't even need them [DIs]"

That was so moto, even I thought about joining the USMC....for a minute.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I still found it much easier with all my trash in zip-locs. Those bags came in handy, later, as well.

MasterHaynes86

GySgt Bothwell is in this series i think... yea, crazy man... crazy man...

do srs get to dump their trash all over the place or is there no time for that?

MasterHaynes86

so Srs get to dump their crap all over again, eh... hmm... more reason to mark all my gear... esp the smartwool sock liners and such...

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
one of the Candidates from the video ("What the f#%K is a stick") was doing PTAD at my OSO office when I was first selected/

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I had almost all my stuff labeled. Got close to all of it back. Ours wasnt like in those videos where they had us hold stuff up. After the bag issue, we all formed up in the back of the gym and dumped our shit out and accounted for everything. The stuff during pick up was pretty much just take it out, put it back in, take it out, put it back in......

MasterHaynes86

at Jrs we had to hold trash up... both outside and in the barracks... I swear I just held up items at times because I had no idea what was going on... Cammies, boots, and socks are all I care about, really... the rest can be allocated later and such...

kimphil

Forgive me if this has been posted before, I conducted a pretty thorough search but nothing came up.

Since I have already gotten my run out of the way for the day I thought I'd spend some time looking at information on USMC OCS as I'm applying for OCC-196. Anyway, I came across the following website which details some of the experiences of Class 186 which I found interesting and somewhat motivating.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/class186/

I thought some of you who are aspiring to go or already have recieved news that you will be attending OCS would like to browse the site.

That candidate next to the "see the pictures" link was killed in Iraq.