• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CLASS 182 APPLICANTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

klostman

the happy dance!
From what I'm told it depends on several factors as we all know. Ryguy, your app. sounds good but as you and I know, they're are so many people applying now that you almost have to be perfect in everything. 246 PFT isn't bad, but I'm sure you want to do better. You probably have good grades as well. My one thing on my app. that I'm really worried about is GPA. Its 2.5 and thats really weak. I know the Marines basic requirements are 2.0 but realistically, they are going to pick people with better grades. The one thin thread of hope I cling to is something my OSO said to me. The Marines would rather have a guy who has a 2.0 GPA but a 290 PFT as opposed to a guy who has a 4.0, but a 200 PFT. Now of course theres other factors involved, but I think he was really trying to emphasize how important PFT is. That or he's telling me what I want to hear[:D]Well, I'll stop rambling on here, I probably lost some people here.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
"Well-Rounded" is the goal....

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

davidsin

OCC #182 Candidates

Ok I went to the Los Angeles Marine Corps Birthday cake cutting celebration last night and both Captains tell me that the board is meeting on Tues. and we'll know by turkey day.

Good luck gentlemen

Semper Fi

thartley

The Op order is the standard format for which orders are written. You'll get plenty of practice in writing it! The skeleton is the outline for the op order. To tell you the truth I have no idea on how towrite one anymore because I have been in flight school for almost two years. but it isn't that hard. Just have a good short hand system or write quickly!

1stLt Tracey Hartley

Jafar

It's real fresh in my mind. I've been briefed with it my fair share of times. It's also called a Five paragraph order. As a grunt it was critical. As a Tanker now, it's just as important. They taught it in PLC juniors, but not real thuroughly.

The outline goes as follows:
SMEAC is the acronym:

Situation
Mission
Execution
Administrtive/Logistics
Command and Signal

Each one of these is a paragraph. The titles are self explanatory. The level of detail of each depends on who is being briefed and the level of command that is doing the briefing. (Btn, Co, etc)

JF

I spoke with my OSO office on Friday. This week is when the board is meeting. Specifically he said the 20th of November. 20th or the 18th it is better then mid December!

JF

Well I just spoke withmy OSO again... He said December 9th. Is there any difference due to region or whether you are applying air/ground or law. I mean are there seperate board meeting dates?

davidsin

I hear for OCC #182 the board meets on Tues. They say the board is comprized of 7 officers mostly Majors.

I'm going in as NFO for that class, and as far as I know there is only one meeting date for class #182

However, it takes a week or so to get final approval from the General at D.C. so we'll know by Turkey day.

That's what my OSO says. I'm in Los Angeles California. I assume it's the same all over but who knows. How's everyone's PFT looking like? Mine is 259

Good luck~

Semper Fi

bigfig

My OSO told me today that the board is meeting around Dec. 9, but that the apps are due this week, so that may be the confusion. who knows what is really happening though. i scored a 257, but am retaking this weekend to try for a 270.

davidsin

I got my board results....I have to wait till June OCC because I have a waver that has to be signed off. Oh well..more time to pt i guess.

good luck all.

Semper Fi

JF

Sorry to hear that Davidsin. Are you sure it was the actual selection board? I am still confused because my application and a couple of others were completed by the deadline our OSO had to follow of Tues Nov.19th. I am still told the board meets December 9th.

davidsin

Hmm...well my situation is a bit complex. My oso told me that I have to submit a "request for exeption to policy" because I have a felony conviction on my police record. I accidently shot someone with a bb gun when I was 13. I got arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.--i guess that's a pretty heavy waiver.

So I had to get recomendations/endorsements from the Capt then a Maj then a Col, and now a General.

The Capt told me that it still has to go through Head quarters for final approval, and he tells me that he doesn't see a reason why HQ would reject it. But it still has to go through them last. He said it won't make it in time for the 182 class....or maybe he meant 182 board meeting. I'm not sure. In any case, I gotta wait. We'll see how things work out.

I was told that the board meets this week and candidates will know before turkey day.

good luck all...

Semper Fi

jet_ifr

Has anyone besides Davidsin heard anything from their OSO about the results of the OCC 182 review board? I'm getting antsy...everytime the phone rings or I get a new message ding on my computer I start sweating...

Just wondering-

I fly. Me pilot?

Beaver

I heard unofficially fromt he review board for the west coast. My OSO said that I got excepted along with 19 other people, but officially, the general hasn't signed the paperwork yet. Those of you on the west coast should call your OSOs and see if they got the unofficial list as well.
See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.