• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CLASS 182 APPLICANTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN REQUIRED BY THEIR OSO TO RUN A PFT EVERY TWO WEEKS UNTIL THEY GET ACCEPTED/SHIPPED. MY OSO JUST CALLED THIS AFTERNOON TO REQUEST ANOTHER PFT WHILE WE ARE WAITING AND PLANS TO DO ONE EVERY TWO WEEKS. ALSO HE EXPECTED AN ANSWER BACK FROM HQ BY THE 1ST WEEK IN DECEMBER, APPARENTLY THE BOARD IS MEETING AT THE END OF THIS WEEK.

bigfig

My OSO wants me to run another PFT, but only to "make me more competative." He didn't say anything about the board time changing.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Keep in mind, the PFT is the easiest "PT" event you'll do at OCS. You'll be doing more than a PFT on a daily basis. Just some "FYI" for ya'll....

Good luck on the board

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

cblax2000

If the PFT is the easiest than what will be the hardest PT I will do? WHat's the farthest that u run and so on.

JF

Same here. I ran my final PFT last week. No plans to run another official one until I am asked by my OSO which hasn't happened. No change as far as I know on when the board meets either - mid December for January OCC-182.

JF

In terms of run distance. I ve been told avg 4 miles per day. Check out the official OCS website. They have a training log for the OCC-181 class. Click on "OCS news" for the info.

davidsin

I did my final PFT, and the OSO doesn't require me to do any more. But I'll still pt on my own. Are you sure the board is meeting at week's end?

Semper Fi

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
It's safe to say that 4 miles is the average you'll run per day, but keep in mind that you'll have the "O" course, "Endurance" & "Stamina" courses and a few others. Which means you'll have other activities to accomplish other than your run, per day, and.....running with rifle and 782-gear.

And then, there are....HUMPS!! ahhhhhh yes, Humps

Just make sure you really break your boots in and get all your blisters out of the way at home. Now that you can run a good PFT, do it in "boots and Uts". The "E" and "S" courses are done in boots and uts, rifle, and 782-gear. I don't remember the exact distances, but its something along the lines of:
Endurance Course -- 2.something miles with lots of obstacles
Stamina Course -- 3.something miles with just over a mile of obstacles

And my last "2 cents" are: Know your Op order and be able to write out the skeleton in less than 2 minutes.

The end

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

davidsin

"Op order and be able to write out the skeleton in less than 2 minutes"~what's that mean?

the E , S and O coarses~ do they time you? If so, what's the max time you get to finish?

Again,...so are we going to hear the board results in the first week of DEC.? Can anyone confirm this? My OSO didn't inform me about a specific date.

Semper Fi

jet_ifr

I talked to my OSO today, he said the board starts meeting next week on Nov 18th. 5 Majors and at LtCol, they review the each app and then forward their rec's to the General who has the final word. We should hear by Turkey day a thumbs up/down.

Good luck to all,

John

And no, you don't have to do a PFT every 2 weeks. My guess is your OSO wants to make sure you don't slack off before OCS.

I fly. Me pilot?

Lt_SNA_USMC

As I recall, the E-course is 3.5 miles and it's like 35 minutes to pass? I think?, and the stamina course is just less than 2 miles with like 20 minutes or something. Almost no one in my Co had a problem passing. Stamina crs = juniors and endurance crs = seniors.
The O course is a standard Marine Corps Obstacle course and is 100 yards long. 1 min to max it and 2 min to pass it. IF you can climb a rope you'll pass. That is what gets most people who fail. Just be in the best shape you possibly can--250+ PFT and you'll be fine.

kaiken82

jet_ifr,

I imagine you are right,this same OSO had someone fail to ship for the Oct. 6 class b/c his run time fell below 24 min before ship date, have a feeling he may have caught some flak over it. Anyway, its no big deal, I PT everyday as it is, just a hassle trying to get up there to do one. As far as the board date, who knows! It sounds like there is alot of latitude in when HQ does anything, its apparent by the different gouge we have all recieved from our respective OSO's!!!

kmc9280

I've done my final PFT and submitted and my OSO said I could do the PFT as many more times as I wanted. He said that was one thing that could be faxed in and updated at any time. They are probably just keeping you in shape and trying to squeeze a few more points out of you.

Kevin

ryguy

Just wanted to add my gouge to the pot. My OSO has told me the board will be meeting December 6th and that some ground slots have recently opened up. I just contracted and my package is finished. I don't really have a good feel as to whether my package will measure up at the OCS board. I got a 7 8 7 on the ASTB, I don't have any waivers on my package, and i have good recommendations but my PFT was only a 246 [xx(] I am going to continue to work to get it up at least above 250. How is everyone elses package looking. Trying to get the warm fuzzies about my package so I am not so damn nervous waiting to hear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.