• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The important difference is the 6 Jan folks tried to attack the capitol in order to overthrow the peaceful transfer of power following a free and fair election.
Yeah, yeah, blah, blah…

By definition they are either both insurrections or both riots. To say anything else is hypocrisy and unequally treatment. Particularly hypocritical as the left claims their insurrectionalist attacks on government agencies, government institutions, laws, federal court houses, etc. (which all fit the definition of insurrection) were to force a change in governments and laws for what they claim would result in equal treatment.

But that just follows the theme of revenge for the victims that CRT and lefties all want.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Oh yeah, I almost forgot….

There hasn’t been a single person charged with insurrection or attempting to overthrow the government. Obviously the prosecutors know what is what.

When are the 2020 rioters going to be treated equally like they demand and be prosecuted for their crimes?

taxi1

pilot
By definition they are either both insurrections or both riots. To say anything else is hypocrisy and unequally treatment.
They directly attacked the certifying of the election, with the stated, recorded goal of "getting" the members of congress. And did so at the incitement of the losing, outgoing POTUS.

No comparison.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
They directly attacked the certifying of the election, with the stated, recorded goal of "getting" the members of congress. And did so at the incitement of the losing, outgoing POTUS.

No comparison.

And Seattle rioters took over a large area of the city and declared it a free nation. That is text book insurrection.

There was also a federal court house under siege, kept from operating and continually damaged. A police station set on fire and another one occupied for a month or so. Again, alll classic insurrection.

Keep thinking your libtard TDS thoughts. Especially since Trump told them to protest, not riot.

SELRES_AMDO

I hate to break it to you, BUT unqualified, unworthy people DO get promoted in today's Navy because of their genitals, and perhaps, skin color. I've sat in the room and watched it happen while I objected to said person (who I knew and had flown with numerous times) being chosen for a prestigious billet because "we needed more girls." It didn't take 2 months of her being around for people to start saying "who is this girl and why the fuck is she here?"

Sanitizing the records of gender and whatnot is the only truly fair way to guarantee that things aren't happening like that. It's one of the smartest and most surprisingly fair decisions I've seen the Navy make.
Do you think it is professional to be in a senior leadership position and question the Navy's promotion system in a mentoring setting?

Do you think it is ok to sit there and allude to the minority and female Officers in your command that some (most?) are there because the Navy allows unqualified people to get promoted for diversity?

All the XO did was make it appear that if you were different from the majority then you were starting off with a target on your back.

taxi1

pilot
And Seattle rioters took over a large area of the city and declared it a free nation. That is text book insurrection.

There was also a federal court house under siege, kept from operating and continually damaged. A police station set on fire and another one occupied for a month or so. Again, alll classic insurrection.
That's no different than the dumbasses who took over the wildlife refuge in Oregon. Shoot them all, says me.

But the 6 January folks attacked the heart of our constitutional process, which is free and fair elections followed by the peaceful transfer of power. Neither the folks in Seattle nor the ones in Oregon did that.

jtmedli

pilot
5Ys this. See where it takes you.

Nobody is endorsing what happened or saying the claims of fraud were or were not legitimate. Simply that what happened had nothing to do with skin color. Dont get it twisted. It was also a direct result of leftist media normalizing rioting for over a year. But "white rage" it was not. That's an intentionally dishonest miscategorization of cause based upon an incidental attribute (skin color) of Trump's base with the intent of racializing the issue in order to deligitimize an entire group of people. Their concerns may or may not have been legitimate but that's of no concern. Their concerns should have still been addressed by the people in leadership with transparency in order to maintain the faith in the Democratic process rather than the obfuscation and legal objections that they got instead. Taking people to court to stop recounts doesn't exactly inspire a lot of Faith.

Do you think it is professional to be in a senior leadership position and question the Navy's promotion system in a mentoring setting?

Do you think it is ok to sit there and allude to the minority and female Officers in your command that some (most?) are there because the Navy allows unqualified people to get promoted for diversity?

All the XO did was make it appear that if you were different from the majority then you were starting off with a target on your back.

I'm not questioning the process. I'm saying the process was improved. I'm also not "alluding" that "most" are there for that reason. But what I AM saying is that it absolutely happens and that I've sat in the room while someone that was unqualified was chosen based upon their gender rather than ACTC quals, hours, or fitreps. I'm also NOT making any comment about or defense for your XO's comments. But it does happen and to think otherwise, especially in this in this political climate, is incredibly naive.

That said, the majority of females and minorities that I've worked with have been phenomenal officers. There is no intent in my post to generalize but simply to say that it DOES happen. It's impossible to enforce the kinds of diversity quotas that SECDEF has talked about without eventually having to choose one person over another because of their skin color or genitals. You can dislike that all you want but that's the side effect of enforcing the kind of mindset that SECDEF and the leftists have upon the military. They only fair way to prevent that is too sanitize the board of gender and skin color references. So yes, I think it's a good and fair policy.

jtmedli

pilot
That's no different than the dumbasses who took over the wildlife refuge in Oregon. Shoot them all, says me.

But the 6 January folks attacked the heart of our constitutional process, which is free and fair elections followed by the peaceful transfer of power. Neither the folks in Seattle nor the ones in Oregon did that.

Should we have opened fire upon the leftist protestors that were trying to break down the doors to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings? Should the BLM and ATF guys have gotten into a shootout with the Bundy ranchers who were later proven correct in court following an armed stand-down with the Federal government? I don't think you've thought about this "shoot them all" policy very much.

Also, our "constitutional process" is just fine and carried on smartly a few hours later. The judicial branch is also a "constitutional process" but I don't see too many BLM/Antifa rioters getting thrown into solitary confinement for months on end for trying to burn down federal courthouses...

taxi1

pilot
Should we have opened fire upon the leftist protestors that were trying to break down the doors to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings?
Did they get in? Did security have to rush the Supremes into hiding while calls were made to the Pentagon for backup? I missed that.

But you're right, I am speaking hyperbolic about shooting them all. Just letting you know I treat the Bundy folks and the lefties similarly...until they enter the Capitol to interfere with the certification of the election after being directly incited by the losing POTUS. Who said he was going to be there with them.

jtmedli

pilot
I'm no fan of CNN or modern journalistic practices in general, but I completely disagree with you, which is why I posted the video.

IMO, and with all UCMJ-required respect to Rep. Gaetz, his question appeared to be:

1. Deceptively rhetorical. I don't think he ever intended to let GEN Milley truly answer it.

2. Total BS. He might as well have said, "I've got a black friend, and he says racism isn't really a big deal." Has he really gone out and surveyed military units and found that the more racially diverse units are more upset about the extremism training? No, of course not, it's BS rhetoric, designed to inflame and garner support.

I'm not saying every insurrectionist in the Capitol on 6 Jan was a racist, but disenfranchisement naturally has a tribal component to it, and for many of the angriest in the mob that day, the target of their rage is non-whites and immigrants.

Gaetz's rhetorical intent doesn't really matter. My comment was more in reference to misleading nature of how that "clip" went down.

Anecdotal examples of stupid or racist people being involved in the riot has no effect on the overarching cause of the riot which was based upon the fact that people felt as if their votes were being manipulated or miscounted. Milley, however, took full advantage of the situation to miscategorize and racialize the cause in order to fabricate a defense for himself while Gaetz was unable to respond. Probably a smart way for him to play the game to be honest but not exactly representative of a lot of intellectual integrity IMO. But I guess that goes along with him trying to keep his job in the current political climate.

SELRES_AMDO

I'm not questioning the process. I'm saying the process was improved. I'm also not "alluding" that "most" are there for that reason. But what I AM saying is that it absolutely happens and that I've sat in the room while someone that was unqualified was chosen based upon their gender rather than ACTC quals, hours, or fitreps. I'm also NOT making any comment about or defense for your XO's comments. But it does happen and to think otherwise, especially in this in this political climate, is incredibly naive.
You're right. I don't support quotas or any of those types of programs. I know it happens and don't think otherwise.

I just didn't appreciate an O-5 essentially telling us that if you were different then you're a diversity hire and don't really deserve to be there. The point of my original post is minority Officers are often judged to be unqualified before anyone knows anything about them. Just look at all the posts in this thread where other Officers tell their peers that they're only there because they're a minority. It is incredibly insulting and it is a very prevalent opinion among the Wardroom in my experience.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Understanding the actual rules and situations you're watching unfold makes these hyperbolic CNN headlines even more ridiculous than they already are. Furthermore, they way that Milley proceeds to blame the 6JAN riot on "White Rage" is utterly ridiculous. The events of that day didn't happen because of "White Rage" or anyone's skin color. They happened because people felt as if their votes weren't being counted and that the democratic process was failing due to fraud and malfeasance. Milley shouldn't need books on CRT or "white rage" to understand something so simple.

I'm willing to hazard a guess that if folks are stupid enough to believe that storming the Capitol would actually result in something other than them facing federal charges then there might be a good chance they could be stupid enough to be racist too. Unfortunately there are plenty of pictures to show that I am right since there was a disturbingly high number of racist symbols displayed by morons, idiots and assholes who stormed the Capitol that belies your assertion.