• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Would you enlist when you could rather be an officer?
I wouldn’t. And I’m not sure why anyone would recommend that.
One of the officers in my unit graduated college, enlisted in the Navy with his buddies, completed BUDS, did his time in the teams then went to PA school and finally DCOIC and is now an O. People have all kinds of reasons for doing the things they do and many of the enlisted sailors I know have college degrees and have no desire to commission.

nodropinufaka

One of the officers in my unit graduated college, enlisted in the Navy with his buddies, completed BUDS, did his time in the teams then went to PA school and finally DCOIC and is now an O. People have all kinds of reasons for doing the things they do and many of the enlisted sailors I know have college degrees and have no desire to commission.
I mean I know tons of Guys who did exactly that.

But I don’t think I’d advise an 18 year HS graduate to skip college and enlist if they had the means to attend.

if anything I’d tell them go to college and enlist after if that’s what they truly want to do

SELRES_AMDO

That you find the notion of compulsory, national service for the good of OUR country, repulsive. Again, telling . . .
You think forcing people to do something against their will somehow be good for our nation?

It'd be better if people did what they thought is good for OUR country without being conscripts.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
starshiptroopers.jpg

Python

pilot
Contributor
Generally on this very forum, people are advised to go the Officer route if they have the ability to do so. They are also told that there is honor in enlisting. Those two notions are not mutually exclusive. However, overwhelmingly on AW people are told that if they want to serve and already have a degree that they should actively place commissioning over enlisting.

nodropinufaka

@nodropinufaka Please explain Pat Tillman's decision to go enlisted. College grad, great grades, million dollar career, upper middle class bay area childhood, politically liberal as the day is long.
And I doubt Pat Tillman would be happy with the way it played out for him. Cover up. And used by conservatives for propaganda.