• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Are you trying to say it's weird when people aren't in total lockstep with a party?

nodropinufaka

Many whites were drafted and those who were drafted also came from non-college exemptions and underprivileged backgrounds. Yet they seemed to return, pick themselves up and move on.

My Dad did 3 tours in Viet Nam. One as a U.S. Infantry company commander, one as a South Vietnamese Marine company advisor and one deep in the providences as a district advisor. He wasn't a REMF and he came back after see the same stuff and moved on.

The point is they had the opportunity and wasted it. That's on them.

Before this thread dies. I would like to make a point that I think is important.

This kind of behavior and statements have far reaching effects.

Many people of all races came back from the Vietnam War and suffered from severe mental health issues.

To just simply say that the ones who picked themselves up and moved on and the ones who suffered is on them is a very bold statement.

We lose tons of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan to suicide. I personally did a tour in Iraq and lost a ton of friends due to PTSD and the demons they faced upon coming back.

Long story short-don't downplay peoples and trauma. Mental Health and PTSD are very real things and our country failed returning veterans of all races after the Vietnam War.

If someone is suffering maybe they need help. Sometimes it affects every part of their life and they can't function. Don't take the approach of "my dad or friend was fine after war so that is on them"

I know drone pilots who suffered from PTSD after smoking a bunch of people in Afghanistan and I know pilots who suffered after they dropped bombs on people.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you trying to say it's weird when people aren't in total lockstep with a party?
You know exactly the point I was making. That is why this is the best you can muster in retort.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Before this thread dies. I would like to make a point that I think is important...
You took a conversation about race and turned it into one about mental illness. Is it your contention that being a minority is the same as incurring mental illness as a result of serious trauma? Because if not, I'm not sure how Vietnam, OIF, and OEF veterans with PTSD are relevant.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Before this thread dies. I would like to make a point that I think is important.

This kind of behavior and statements have far reaching effects.

Many people of all races came back from the Vietnam War and suffered from severe mental health issues.

To just simply say that the ones who picked themselves up and moved on and the ones who suffered is on them is a very bold statement.

We lose tons of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan to suicide. I personally did a tour in Iraq and lost a ton of friends due to PTSD and the demons they faced upon coming back.

Long story short-don't downplay peoples and trauma. Mental Health and PTSD are very real things and our country failed returning veterans of all races after the Vietnam War.

If someone is suffering maybe they need help. Sometimes it affects every part of their life and they can't function. Don't take the approach of "my dad or friend was fine after war so that is on them"

I know drone pilots who suffered from PTSD after smoking a bunch of people in Afghanistan and I know pilots who suffered after they dropped bombs on people.

Way to twist my response to fit your ever changing narrative. I was not belittling anyone who have mental health issues. And I never said my Dad didn't have any, he does. He 50 years latter he still wakes up in from night terrors and in a cold sweat at least every 10 days or so.

I was responding to your state quoted below where you implied being drafted gave young blacks carte blanche to not work on improving their situation or take responsibility for their own destiny.

Get off your self-righteous podium and quit playing the holier-than-thou SJW.

what did you want them to do following VNM? They just got involuntarily sent to war by a country who just barely 5-6 years before segregated them. And you expect them to come back from it, likely traumatized, and just pick up and move on? Bootstraps right?

You're going to have a miserable life always thinking everything is stacked against you and that it's always the white man's fault.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
how are you going to compare not being born into money to being into poverty due to racism and slavery?
Nah, it’s an imperfect analogy but feel free to twist it. Not the same at all.
Your claim is that people can't climb out of poverty because of a rigged system that favors people with more money and resources. If so, that system would affect people of all income levels.

So if you feel that it only matters for poor people, at what income level do you transfer blame from classism to individual accountability? At what family income level must one stop waiting on someone else to solve their problems and is responsible for carving their own career path? At what point is someone allowed to stop pointing out that people like Shane McMahon are only rich because of their fathers?

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Way to twist my response to fit your ever changing narrative. I was not belittling anyone who have mental health issues. And I never said my Dad didn't have any, he does. He 50 years latter he still wakes up in from night terrors and in a cold sweat at least every 10 days or so.

I was responding to your state quoted below where you implied being drafted gave young blacks carte blanche to not work on improving their situation or take responsibility for their own destiny.

Cut hIm some slack. He’s been held back by the man. I mean he is/was a Commissioned Naval Officer and apparently now successful and educated enough to recognize that none of that mattered and all the hard work was a waste of time because of….wait for it.. systemic racism. You know cause that one time some A-hole racist LT said something ignorant!

nodropinufaka

You took a conversation about race and turned it into one about mental illness. Is it your contention that being a minority is the same as incurring mental illness as a result of serious trauma? Because if not, I'm not sure how Vietnam, OIF, and OEF veterans with PTSD are relevant.
Did you even bother to read the post?

nodropinufaka

You're going to have a miserable life always thinking everything is stacked against you and that it's always the white man's fault.
Oh now you change your story?

Go back and read your words and read exactly what you wrote. Word-for-word.

I didn’t change any of your words that you yourself wrote nor did I twist what you’re saying.

it’s not holier then thou.

You said something. Got called out on it. And now are trying to back peddle by calling me a SJW.

nodropinufaka

Cut hIm some slack. He’s been held back by the man. I mean he is/was a Commissioned Naval Officer and apparently now successful and educated enough to recognize that none of that mattered and all the hard work was a waste of time because of….wait for it.. systemic racism. You know cause that one time some A-hole racist LT said something ignorant!
Way to out words in my mouth.

Did I say none of that mattered?

I worked extremely hard for all I have despite odds being stacked against me and my brother.

On top of that I continue working helping third world countries try to climb out of poverty for my job.

you seem to be the ignorant one…

MGoBrew11

pilot
Your claim is that people can't climb out of poverty because of a rigged system that favors people with more money and resources. If so, that system would affect people of all income levels.

So if you feel that it only matters for poor people, at what income level do you transfer blame from classism to individual accountability? At what family income level must one stop waiting on someone else to solve their problems and is responsible for carving their own career path? At what point is someone allowed to stop pointing out that people like Shane McMahon are only rich because of their fathers?
Hahahahaha that is not my claim at all. Go back and read my posts.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Oh now you change your story?

Go back and read your words and read exactly what you wrote. Word-for-word.

I didn’t change any of your words that you yourself wrote nor did I twist what you’re saying.

it’s not holier then thou.

You said something. Got called out on it. And now are trying to back peddle by calling me a SJW.
I never said there were not mental health issues in returning VN black vets. I said that they had the same opportunities with things like the GI Bill as white vets, my Dad included. The whites vets had the same mental health issues I also never commented on any hurtles my Dad had to overcome as he moved on.

You may not have changed my words but you changed the context.

But that is what libtard SJWs do - change context to try and fit their narratives. You are the classic "victim" SJW.

On top of that I continue working helping third world countries try to climb out of poverty for my job.
Yeah, yeah....do you have the metaphorical "impoverished 3rd world friend" to tell us of your good works too?

3rd world immigrants to the U.S. do much better improving themselves once they are in the country than many born here. Please don't instill them with your victim attitude so they don't do as well.