• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civil Air Patrol

asdfgh

Banned
I am interested in CAP and a sophomore. I am concerned however about what i will be able to accomplish before I graduate from high school and if I am "too old" for it to be worthwhile

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
You are definitely not too old. It all depends upon how much time you're willing to commit. At the very least, you could earn your pilot's license before you graduate high school. As a former cadet and current senior member, I highly recommend CAP for anyone interested in serving their community while getting to hang around airplanes.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
I also was a cadet. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the program and was grateful for the opportunity. I was unable to get my pilot's license but I still learned quite a bit.

I'm also open to PM if you want to chat about it.

KBayDog

KNA - You got two choices of what you can do. It's not a tough decision, as you can see...(I can blow you away, or you can ride with me.)

1. Lose the Phrog pic and keep the "Team Osprey West" location ID.
2. Keep the Phrog pic and lose the Osprey shit.

You can't have both.

ASO in a V-22 squadron? Who the hell did you piss off?

djj34

pilot
I am interested in CAP and a sophomore. I am concerned however about what i will be able to accomplish before I graduate from high school and if I am "too old" for it to be worthwhile

I joined CAP as a sophomore, and dedicated time to it like I wanted to make something of it. I finished the cadet program as a cadet lieutenant colonel (missed Spaatz by 1 question, oh well) and had some great opportunities including flight orientations, working 3 encampments at the USAFA, locating lost people in the Sierra Nevada mountains, and going on a 3 week exchange to Canada on the USAF/RCAF's dime. I think that last one was the best; our group had 84 people in similar programs from 15 countries - made a few great friends and have a place to stay if I ever end up in England :icon_wink

I honestly think that I probably wouldn't be in the position I'm in had I not taken advantage of what CAP has to offer. Do realize though that many kids join it and kinda take it for granted or treat it as a time filler. If you want it to count you have to take control of it and make it your opportunity. Even though I'm still a member I'm not active anymore now that I'm wrapping up school and such. Even still, today some of the best friends I have in my life I have met through CAP.

Just 2¢ from a lurker :ziplip_12

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
had I not taken advantage of what CAP has to offer. Do realize though that many kids join it and kinda take it for granted or treat it as a time filler. If you want it to count you have to take control of it and make it your opportunity.

Coincidentally, that same technique works to make the most of your military career as well.

MR-