• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Christmas wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I'm supposed to report to Pensacola Sept 3 and have no idea when I'll be starting API, but I'm trying to plan a wedding. The lucky lady is hoping to do it New Year's Eve and wants to get the date nailed down ASAP so she can start planning and reserving a place and all that. Some of the LTs have told me that training slows down between Xmas and New Year's and that we shouldn't have a problem getting it done as long as I tell my instructors about my plans early on. I'd appreciate any info/advice anyone has on whether I'd be able to take leave for a wedding and/or honeymoon, if this would interfere with training, etc. . .

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
If you're still in Pcola in Dec/Jan after reporting in Sep (which you probably will be) then you shouldn't have any problem getting leave. I was in Corpus for Christmas, but they stopped training here for about 2 weeks I think for Christmas/New Years. I imagine they do the same at Schools Command. I've got a friend here in 28 who is getting married during Primary, and they're only giving him Friday off for the wedding, not even Monday. Good luck man.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Last Christmas I was in A-pool and was able to take 19 days leave over the holidays. You shouldn't have any problems. If you are in API, I believe you get two weeks off but you are still charged leave if you are out of the local area for that time.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
So the general concensus seems to be that I should book the date and pray for mercy. Will it be harder to work this if I'm in Primary than it would API. Thanks for the advice, the more she hears the less I hear her stress about it.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What is it with you young guys who insist on getting married at the start of an amazing career and lifestyle?

You are going to be engaging on the adventure of a lifetime and yet you'll be tied to a woman back home. Sorry guys - I can't see any positives to this.

Women need/require attention. Eventually you'll have to choose between your life as an aviator (which should, by the way come first at this stage of your life) and your girl.

Ugggh. Now I understand the phrase "youth is wasted on the young". A4s?

gregsivers

pilot
ChuckMK23 said:
What is it with you young guys who insist on getting married at the start of an amazing career and lifestyle?

You are going to be engaging on the adventure of a lifetime and yet you'll be tied to a woman back home. Sorry guys - I can't see any positives to this.

Women need/require attention. Eventually you'll have to choose between your life as an aviator (which should, by the way come first at this stage of your life) and your girl.

Ugggh. Now I understand the phrase "youth is wasted on the young". A4s?

Its reasons/common sense like this that I have no intenion of getting married anytime soon.

B

Blutonski816

Who was it who posted on somebody's wedding thread and said:

"One vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart, man..."

gregsivers

pilot
bennett4362 said:
you guys are just plain rude. the question wasn't "should i get married?" nor was it "would you please, in all your infinite wisdom, tell me what a mistake i'm making."

the guy wants to know about a DATE and TIME OFF.

And if you look up farther, I already gave that information. :icon_mi_1
Just thought I'd comment on what I thought was an excellent post.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
bennett4362 said:
you guys are just plain rude. the question wasn't "should i get married?" nor was it "would you please, in all your infinite wisdom, tell me what a mistake i'm making."

the guy wants to know about a DATE and TIME OFF.
I love it ... dudes come in here requesting advice on when to get married during flight school, the women here get all googly eyed with the topic of weddings & marriages and get all bent out of shape when guys reply with "don't do it" and "you should wait" and "many more women await at airshows" and "don't settle until you've seen the world", etc ... f'n harlious

here's my advice ... put it off until you have your wings so you don't have any distractions during flight school, and then put it off again until you get back from your first 6-9 month deployment to make sure she's not banging one of your buddies while your gone ...

S/F

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jarhead said:
Here's my advice ... put it off until you have your wings so you don't have any distractions during flight school, and then put it off again until you get back from your first 6-9 month deployment to make sure she's not banging one of your buddies while your gone ...

S/F

Very good words to the wise. All true.

Take heed.

Kolja

Git-r-done
jarhead said:
I love it ... dudes come in here requesting advice on when to get married during flight school, the women here get all googly eyed with the topic of weddings & marriages and get all bent out of shape when guys reply with "don't do it" and "you should wait" and "many more women await at airshows" and "don't settle until you've seen the world", etc ... f'n harlious

here's my advice ... put it off until you have your wings so you don't have any distractions during flight school, and then put it off again until you get back from your first 6-9 month deployment to make sure she's not banging one of your buddies while your gone ...

S/F

Not just distracting you at flight school, but realize you may very well not have enough time to be much of a husband. I know many folks, me included, who didn't make it to the first cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.