• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Christmas Leave

the_suck

Does anyone know how leave works over the holidays while you are stashed in A-pool? When can you leave the P'Cola area, do you have to burn leave to do so, etc...

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
We got briefed on this a week or two ago. I think 15 DEC to 2 or 3 Jan are the leave dates for Christmas/New Years.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Make sure you take all of it. Once you start flight school, you're leave days will sky rocket. I had over 55 days when I finished the RAG. So I basically took a month off.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Yea, when I was in A-pool they even let us go in the hole by 5-8 days if I remember correctly. Like goplay said, use all your leave and then some. Because once u start API, Primary, etc...you're gonna wish you did.

P.S. If the OHARP program is still available, DO IT! That way you dont burn ANY leave at all :D

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Yea, when I was in A-pool they even let us go in the hole by 5-8 days if I remember correctly. Like goplay said, use all your leave and then some. Because once u start API, Primary, etc...you're gonna wish you did.

P.S. If the OHARP program is still available, DO IT! That way you dont burn ANY leave at all :D

Oh i TOTALLY took advantage of that. Did 24 days of OHARP through NRD Chicago. I went in to the office 3 times....2 of them were to check in/check out!

the_suck

So, if I have 10 days of leave saved up and I want to take off a total of 17, they'll let me? I'm going to be traveling overseas so I don't want to make any plans before I get on OK on this. Is there anyone I can call at P'Cola?

RiceOwl06

The LTs at Flight Management are the ones responsible for A-Pool people. They probaby aren't going to want to deal with you until you get there though, as said before. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give post numbers over the web, but I'll send you a PM and you can give it a try.

Oakley568

DI$BO
Our dates will be 15DEC until 2JAN...and apparently the base pretty much shuts down, and last year I heard that they let them go up to 10 days in the whole, so I plan on using up all my leave and then some during the holidays...and if you don't leave the area we were told at check in that you will be charged leave unless you muster each day at 0730 (and i heard there's a chance you can get crappy odd jobs if you do this) Everyone's advice has been the same so far: TAKE THE LEAVE!...a lot of my gouge is based on what i've heard and what not, so take it for what it's worth

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Guys, don't sweat your leave. Once you get to the fleet, you'll accumulate a ton of it and likely end up losing some every year.

Brett

the_suck

Thanks for the help. I contacted Flt Mgt today and they filled me in on the specifics.

Flt Mgt also said that although they are only accepting 2 NFO's per API class right now, they are going to start classing up 3 NFO's per class so the wait time/paid vacation should begin to drop...for better or worse.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I think OHARP is "Officer Home Area Recruiting Program"

Correct Zippy.

For those unfamiliar with OHARP, its a program which allows you to go back to your "Hometown" and perform a myriad of tasks in support of officer recruiting for that District. You'll pretty much be tasked with anything from faxing papers, taking out trash, picking up applicants/paperwork, etc. It was a fun job and I got to be a representative for the new J.O.s because OC-selects or NROTC scholarship recipients asked tons of questions about training, life as a J.O. (junior officer), etc. Overall, try to take advantage of this sweet program if its still out there. It was kind of word-of-mouth when I was in A-pool. The only bummer thing is thats its No-cost TAD, meaning you pay for your own travel, personal expenses, etc. No reinbursements whatsoever. But its a great trade being that youre back home with family/friends. I did it twice (3 months at a time)while I was an A-pooler. I highly recommend it! PM me if u have more detailed questions about the program.