• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Christmas came early for me in the form of a GLOCK 22!!!

Bullitt01

Hey fellas, so I'm already having a GREAT Christmas thanks to my Dad. We went to the Michigan Police Gun & Supply store today in Charlotte, MI and boy was I suprised... I thought we were going to simply purchase a set of Trijicon night sights for my older brother's H&K USP but NO! After looking through the glass & not really seeing anything that caught my eye (except for the EXCELLENT home defense AR's & SCAR's they had
whistling.gif
) I noticed a flyer stating that they had IN STOCK GLOCK 22's with Trijicon night sights and 2 magazines for 355.00!!!!!!
Wow.gif
I immediately informed my Dad because I know how much he LOVES his G22 and he tends to buy things in pairs lol. After we asked the lady behind the counter to bring a couple of them out to look at I saw what appeared to be a BRAND NEW Glock 22 with absolutely ZERO wear on any part of the firearm... The night sights were as if they were installed yesterday and my Dad turned to me & said, "That can be your X-mas present if you want?". Minutes later I was leaving with a grin from ear to ear & my BRAND SPANKIN' USED Glock 22
greensupergrin.gif
. And the best part is, it fits my BLAKCHAWK! Serpa CQC holster PERFECTLY!! I literally could not have asked for more... Except maybe free ammo
whistling.gif

Attachments

• GL1.jpg
    GL1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 78

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
"...Christmas present if you want?" Good for you. Pretty cool to have a dad like that.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Is that a Gen 3 or 4? I had a Gen 2 Glock 21 for 18 years and it never had a single malfunction. My neighbor with SEAL Team 2 in Coronado borrowed a few times and took it on shooting adventures. He'd bring it back all dirty and nasty, never an issue. I traded it for a Glock 36 that had issues with stovepiping..got rid of it after a month.

Bullitt01

Mine's a gen 3, & I've already put 500+ rounds through it without a single malfunction... This thing is GREAT. I have heard though that the gen 4's are having issues with the dual recoil spring??

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
My Gen 2 has some issues, but it's set up as my backup USPSA gun and has had some aftermarket add ons. Let's just say that it has a slight issue with firing as the trigger is resetting. Scared the shit out of me when it happened. My gun ninja buddy and I shot it a week later, to see if we could replicate the problem and get some refinement on it. Same deal.

I took it to the local Glock certified guys, along with the stock parts that were replaced. They've had it for a week, and they can't figure out why it happens. Nor can they figure out why it goes back to working fine with the factory parts. It's headed back to Glock after the holidays.

Bullitt01

My Gen 3 G26 has a dual spring and it functions flawlessly.
That's funny because I also have a Gen 3 Glock 26 that functions flawlessly :D. It's the Gen 4's that I've heard are having some issues, nothing huge but enough to make me love my Gen 3's that much more.

My Gen 2 has some issues, but it... has had some aftermarket add ons.... It goes back to working fine with the factory parts...
See what I did there? Glocks are perfect just the way they are :icon_tong.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I don't know about 'perfect', but I will admit their durability and relative simplicity. If they were perfect, they wouldn't come with mushy triggers with severe overtravel issues. But to be fair, the only Glocks I've fired gave either been stock Gen 2s, or modified competition guns.

Bullitt01

Roger that. Glock triggers and factory sights are far from perfect but can be easily fixed. Aside from trijicon or truglow nightsights, you can greatly improve the factory trigger on your Glock w/a 3.5lb connector from a company called Scherer or Lone Wolf makes them too. They're about $15 & make a HUGE difference. Something to think about for carry weapons or competition use; cheap & effective.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Roger that. Glock triggers and factory sights are far from perfect but can be easily fixed. Aside from trijicon or truglow nightsights, you can greatly improve the factory trigger on your Glock w/a 3.5lb connector from a company called Scherer or Lone Wolf makes them too. They're about $15 & make a HUGE difference. Something to think about for carry weapons or competition use; cheap & effective.

I prefer the stock 5.5lb for carry.

NYPD installs 12lb triggers in their Glocks. It's heavy, grainy, and notchy. It makes the stock trigger feel amazing in comparison.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I prefer the stock 5.5lb for carry.

NYPD installs 12lb triggers in their Glocks. It's heavy, grainy, and notchy. It makes the stock trigger feel amazing in comparison.

My first pistol was a Gen 1 G17 NYPD. Great weapon and you get used to the trigger. It was *heavily* used when I got it, but never gave me any issues. I kinda wish I would've kept it now, but going to the DA/SA Sig 226 was like night and day.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!

Almost exactly what I had in the thing when it went cyclic on me. The sights are fine-great in fact-but the Ghost 3.5 bar (along with the springs to bring it down to a true 3.5lb trigger), are what's suspect in mine.

Bullitt01

NYPD installs 12lb triggers in their Glocks.

GOOD GOD! :icon_long
Yea my Gen 3 22 & 26 both have the stock triggers & I think they're juuuuuust fine. I shoot with ACTS every month and they've always performed very well in competition, even when half the guys there have 1911's, Sig's and H&K's.