• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Christians going into the service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

CEC Final Select
I was just wondering if there was any Christians on this forum that would like to share their experiences or give any advice on how it is to be in the service and go through OCS.

:D

"What? are you in some kinda cult?"
" Yes, yes I am... wait no, no I'm not"

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's be nice. :) He's just asking for a Christian perspective on things and I think that's a valid and interesting thing to ask. But Whalebite, you are a very funny man. This site is absolutey great and I'm sure somebody can help him out.

Gritty

CEC Final Select
:icon_lol: naw... I'm pretty sure that Buddists are at peace with all OCS classes.

I think they were thinking of putting Christians in another OCS; we kept trying to convert people into joining our classes :eyebrows_

"Your what hurts?"

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i'm a christian in the service, but i didnt go to OCS. i know of some more hardcore christian types around that did go to OCS and it didnt seem to affect their faith any.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Nothing unusual

Gritty said:
I was just wondering if there was any Christians on this forum that would like to share their experiences or give any advice on how it is to be in the service and go through OCS.
My experience(s)? We were all treated the same regardless of our religious, ethnic, financial or whatever background. Nothing unusual.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Another thing

Your real test of keeping you Christian values will be when you get commissioned and in the Fleet.

No, I'm not talking about the responsibilities, leadership and the thought of the lives of the men and women in your hands. Dealing with your fellow officers, Christian or otherwise in a bureacracy and seeing if you can maintain your Christian values while doing so.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm a Christian that just got back from PLC Jrs a couple of weeks ago, and can say that religion was very respected there. Every night we had a lay reader pray for us, and there were religous services offered on sunday and one week night during the week called prayer and praise.

Sabre170

None
I am a Christian, and did six years of enlisted service in the USMC. I will be going to Navy OCS on Jan 22 '05. I was never rediculed for my faith, but I was often courted to be the designated driver for dirrent TAD trips.

TANGO 1

Contributor
It is always nice to have a video camera while you are the designated driver on TAD's, then you will really laugh you a$$ off. I mean you will see guys just act stupid, it is fun. Married men trying to pick up women, while their wives think they are resting from the long days work. TAD is always a blast. Then the next morning when they all watch the video, it is laughter in the whole shop. You can only imgaine what people say when they are drunk. I love the few times i did DD as an E-2.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Once again Tango 1 polutes a thread with information not even pertaining to the original question.

TANGO 1

Contributor
bch said:
Once again Tango 1 polutes a thread with information not even pertaining to the original question.

I see that me; polluting a thread really bothers you. I wish i could help.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I can help. If you're Christian, you will be treated like s--t at Navy OCS. If you are NOT Christian, you will be treated like s--t at Navy OCS.

I realize that this doesn't answer the question. I am a Christian, and I went through Navy OCS. All I can say is, it's tough. My Bible (the only non-OCS and non-contraband reading there) was a big help. It was the only way I could get away from the OCS environment until we were able to take liberty. A great help, but by no means necessary.

If your question goes deeper, as Michael alluded to, then you'llnot find the answer at OCS; and perhaps you should find it elsewhere before agreeing to go...

Gritty

CEC Final Select
Wow, what awesome responses! :icon_smil

Sabre170~ it looks like we'll be at OCS at the same time, look foward to seeing you there.

Micheal W~ LOL! Actually, my former church was an Assembly of God, went there 10 years. Such a random question! Why do you ask? Have I been exposed to some radiational bioagent? I always like to double check. :watching3

Dunedan~Actually, though, I think you've answered my question pretty well, thank you. and... this recruit knows her determination to become a Naval Officer is strong and her faith is stronger.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Recruit huh?

Gritty said:
. . .this recruit knows her determination to become a Naval Officer is strong and her faith is stronger.
"Recruit?" You wanna go to my sand pit?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.