• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

China Rapidly Modernizes for War With U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The current anti-ballistic missile program is limited, and land based in Alaska. IOC very soon. Good for limited launches from the pacific over the poles. The Navy is still involved in sea based anti-ballistic missile systems development that would, of course, be mobile. In the short term, you don't need an extensive super robust system to defend, say, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea or Australia from the limited ballastic missile threat the PRC will present over the next few years. We are not talking old Soviet Union numbers or technology, yet. Last thing I read, Japan and Australia were partners in ballistic missile defense development. Who do you think they are afraid of? Only two regional missile threats to them, North Korea and the PRC.

Hey guys, the history lessons are great. We are really getting some smart cookies in the Navy now. If your leadership and combat/operational tactics are on the same par as your academic work we are in good hands.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Wink,

If that comment was partially directed to me, thank you. It means a great deal coming from you.

Red,

You might or might not know about this, that one of the motivations for the US to take the Philippines after the Spanish-American War was that the Philippines would be a forward base to protect the US' sphere in China. In fact 8,000 US soldiers were pulled away from fighting the Philippino Insurgency to fight the Boxers. It had been a plan for some time to build a US naval base in China and later in the Philippines, only the latter happened until later in the 20th century.

As far as the "One China" policy, it is schzophrenic. A spade needs to be called and let the fallout fall. Regardless the consequences. If the US formerly recognises the ROC, the rest of the world will follow suite. That will put tremendous pressure on the PRC not to do anything. If they do the weight of the world will fall on them.

Again just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.