• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

China adjusts property values along the western U.S. coast?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
10312013_china-nuke-strike8201_s640x430.jpg

So, more rhetoric from Chinese new agencies? It seems eerily similar to growing up in the Cold War, and the pictures I recalled of areas the soviets could strike that would be shown on news broadcasts. Nothing terribly "new" here or any major changes in power projection, but curious if any of this will even be picked up outside of back page news articles or even enter the consciousness of the public at large.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/31/inside-china-nuclear-submarines-capable-of-widespr/

As usual, another good read at CDR Salamander: http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2013/11/keeping-eye-on-long-game-part-xlviii.html

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
......So, more rhetoric from Chinese new agencies? It seems eerily similar to growing up in the Cold War, and the pictures I recalled of areas the soviets could strike that would be shown on news broadcasts. Nothing terribly "new" here or any major changes in power projection, but curious if any of this will even be picked up outside of back page news articles or even enter the consciousness of the public at large.......

Rhetoric? Sure, but as you point out it is just a pseudo-official acknowledgment of what has been the reality for quite some time for the PRC hitting us. I don't think the Chinese nuclear threat is in our nation's collective consciousness at large like the one from the USSR because it isn't highlighted by anyone, either us or the Chinese. The Chinese are still very secretive about their nuke capabilities and military in general so their true capabilities are not widely known even among people on the 'outside' who study that sort of thing for a living.

As for Salamander, I am not sure what he means by "if we keep networking all our military computer systems together for "efficiency" and let more and more security holes open for Chinese spies ... maybe we would [lose] that second strike capability - then we have a different game altogether." Seems like he has watched Terminator a few too many times......

Renegade One

None
I dunno…can the U.S. be claimed to "adjusting property values" on every square inch of the inhabited planet because we have the capability to unleash hell there? I don't think so…

This is so much ho-hum...

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Rhetoric? Sure, but as you point out it is just a pseudo-official acknowledgment of what has been the reality for quite some time for the PRC hitting us. I don't think the Chinese nuclear threat is in our nation's collective consciousness at large like the one from the USSR because it isn't highlighted by anyone, either us or the Chinese. The Chinese are still very secretive about their nuke capabilities and military in general so their true capabilities are not widely known even among people on the 'outside' who study that sort of thing for a living.

As for Salamander, I am not sure what he means by "if we keep networking all our military computer systems together for "efficiency" and let more and more security holes open for Chinese spies ... maybe we would [lose] that second strike capability - then we have a different game altogether." Seems like he has watched Terminator a few too many times......

Hopefully, people on the inside are keeping watch on Chinese capabilities... &:)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Pardon the ignorance, but what is the place with a dot on the northern CA coast well north of the bay area, and what is it's importance? Looks to be coincident with Ft Bragg, CA......which is thousands of miles away from the Army base.....