• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chicago NRD Recruiting

Anyone thinking about joining Navy Officer Programs: Ask me anything.

I recently graduated from OCS and am currently recruiting officers in and around the CHI area.

Spookcumber

No offense, I just don't understand how you can possibly think you're qualified in any way to do an AMA about Navy Officer Programs....especially considering you've just recently graduated OCS...

None taken spook, that's why i'm not here to tell people how to be an officer - just to answer any general recruiting type questions they might have that pertain to my current role.

flgator92

None
None taken spook, that's why i'm not here to tell people how to be an officer - just to answer any general recruiting type questions they might have that pertain to my current role.

Since you’ve been to OCS recently, maybe you can answer this question I asked on another thread: what’s medical Monday like? Is it like MEPS with a more detailed eye exam for aviation? Do they make you duck walk and stretch again, and do they do another anal exam? Those are widely seen as some of the worst parts of MEPS.

crj021

what's the current OHARP situation like for SNA's? I'm in the feb 10 OCS class (also from Chicago) and was wondering about time off between graduation and API

Meyerkord

pilot
what's the current OHARP situation like for SNA's? I'm in the feb 10 OCS class (also from Chicago) and was wondering about time off between graduation and API
Expect 3 months of OHARP and another 3 months of waiting in Pensacola. I commissioned in early June and I’m just classing up for IFS next week.

Since you’ve been to OCS recently, maybe you can answer this question I asked on another thread: what’s medical Monday like? Is it like MEPS with a more detailed eye exam for aviation? Do they make you duck walk and stretch again, and do they do another anal exam? Those are widely seen as some of the worst parts of MEPS.
Expect it to be like MEPS minus the duck walk and with more eye tests

Jacob1792

The reg for OHARP states it's voluntary, so you don't really have to take it if you want to go to Pensacola right away. That said, your class officers will probably not tell you this and strongarm you into applying for it anyway. All the SNAs in my class got almost a full 90 days.

Meyerkord

pilot
The reg for OHARP states it's voluntary, so you don't really have to take it if you want to go to Pensacola right away. That said, your class officers will probably not tell you this and strongarm you into applying for it anyway. All the SNAs in my class got almost a full 90 days.
That being said, the Navy also doesn’t give out free vacations if you don’t want OHARP. I’d imagine you’d be stuck in King Hall in Newport doing admin type work since you wouldn’t be able to check in at Pensacola until the date on your orders.

Bocian

My only question is: Can you more or less tell me how much days do you have in between graduation and OHARP?