• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chest Wall Deformities and Pilots

samantis16

Hello,

I'm new to this site and have been very impressed with the knowledge sharing I've seen. Please provide any information you have on the issue below:

I was reading up on medical conditions that could get you removed from flight school and noticed "chest wall deformities." I definitely have this condition (slightly concave chest) but it is nothing that has EVER affected my ability to do/perform anything, including very long distance running. Am I screwed?

Does anyone else have any experience here? Would this keep me from other positions such as SWO? I would HATE to think that something so minor and out of my control would prevent me from flying, if not most naval positions altogether.

Thank you.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I think I knew a guy at OCS with that but I'm not sure. Only way to be 100% is to talk to an officer recruiter. Click this for some basic information but that's the best I can do. I'm sure someone else here will be more in the know, but it's something.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Hello,

I'm new to this site and have been very impressed with the knowledge sharing I've seen. Please provide any information you have on the issue below:

I was reading up on medical conditions that could get you removed from flight school and noticed "chest wall deformities." I definitely have this condition (slightly concave chest) but it is nothing that has EVER affected my ability to do/perform anything, including very long distance running. Am I screwed?

Does anyone else have any experience here? Would this keep me from other positions such as SWO? I would HATE to think that something so minor and out of my control would prevent me from flying, if not most naval positions altogether.

Thank you.

That is a bit unusual.....

Where were you reading this gouge about 'chest wall deformities'?

Have you been diagnosed with any spinal deformities?

samantis16

Thanks everyone! I think I have some of the resources I need. Very helpful!

And no spinal deformities or any other medical condition for that matter.