• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cherry Point Airshow 21-23 May

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Alright ladies and gents, that time has come! Lets start the roll call. I'll be on the static display of VMAT-203's bird on Sunday morning, so swing on by and I'll give you a little tour of the jet. Hopefully, we will have a regular Harrier, instead of a goofy two-seater.

http://www.cherrypointairshow.com/

FLY_USMC

pilot
I'll be there, I'm bringing a jet up early sometime Friday. What's there fun to do in New Bern/Cherry Point? Ya'll have an O-Club that's worth anything?

KBayDog

What's there fun to do in New Bern/Cherry Point?

every-time-you-ask-a-stupid-question-don-t-ask-stupid-questi-demotivational-poster-1254962052.jpg

FLY_USMC

pilot
Ah come one, I went to a bar in the Sheraton parking lot one time and actually had a good time. Was hoping there was something else, 3 days is a long time!

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
If you're there to answer questions about your aircraft to the crowd it will reduce the free time by quite a bit. :icon_wink

As an avid air show spectator I enjoy talking to the pilots and aircrew.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
If you're there to answer questions about your aircraft to the crowd it will reduce the free time by quite a bit. :icon_wink

As an avid air show spectator I enjoy talking to the pilots and aircrew.

Then come by and see me, and I'll regale you with tales from the training command and hilarious moments spent in the Quantico highlands, all while passing limited, and probably incorrect information about the Harrier's capabilities.

As far as things to do, Wilmington might be a better place to go. Or Raleigh and the college areas. If you've got to stay local, New Bern has some nice bars/restaurants. Morehead City hasn't picked up yet, since most of the tourists haven't really arrived. However, if you want some recommendations on restaurants, let me know. I hear they are building an O/Consolidated club up here, but don't know when it will be ready.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I have a feeling 2D MAW might be pissed if I just left the jet buttoned up and skipped off to Wilmington for 3 days!

foleyswole85

This was my third time seeing this show, it was excellent as always but I valued talking to the available pilots Friday night and Saturday nearly as much as the entertainment! Got to speak with a Herc, Coastie Casa, and C-9B pilot. Was disappointed not to find any strike pilots to talk with, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place... Oh well, thanks to all that made the show possible! It was great for motivation to get my package together.

Brad Foley