• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check this out...

lexicon66

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/class186/

I found this link and even though most that have made it through OCS will say "oh good" but I wanted to post this because it gives both recruits and candidates a good idea of how much a 180 can be giving up civilian life. I wanted to ask some questions if I may (sorry for the I's). But I have a brother that's a machine gunner that was offered a new program to go to OCS and actually they get paid a lot just to go to school... About $3000/MO which is really good. He's a good leader and I think OCS would not be hard for him because he's at Horno which is the worst the USMC has for enlisted grunts. The link I put does not show very much as far as what he's got day to day.

I want him to go in a better place and I know he's f*cken great as far as what you could want from a leader. He's a team leader already been deployed and a locked on Marine. However the change is a 6 year contract. So I wanted to know if this is normal for OCS/OCC CV's and ENL's? I also was wondering if his background would be a problem? He had a felony when he was 18 he's now 27. He has a good record as far as the USMC. He graduated in the top 3 of his division school and SOI. So can he get into OCC? Also he wants to go aviation and he's got 20/10 eyes and all that so what do you think? Anyhow I thought I would throw this out along with the link.

I can say though I am lucky because of my brother and he's got a Recon swimmer to help me out which I am going down to San Diego to get some mind fu*ck and some training. I want to have a 300PFT and there is no better way but to spend some time with USMC's best right? Just some good old body slayers...

Send a mail at myspace.com/hexan66 or at kinsey_cj@hotmail.com...

Thank you..
CJ

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Link has already been posted and as far as your brother...just tell him to apply no one on here can give a good answer because every situation is different and the board evaluates things based on that.

Best of luck to him...

Crowbar

None
lexicon66 said:
But I have a brother that's a machine gunner that was offered a new program to go to OCS and actually they get paid a lot just to go to school... About $3000/MO which is really good.

New program? What's it called? Tell me more.