• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check in uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I posted this in the private helo forum but not getting the views so sorry for posting twice. I'm heading down to Milton tomorrow and i just want to know what uniform i use for check in? I thought the transfer packet i just picked up would tell me but no go. It says i'm supposed to go to PERSUPPDET and then to NASC NAS Whiting Field. Khakis, whites, (i know its not possible but maybe) flight suits? Thanks for any updates.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
hmm the combo cover...kinda iffy on me....but crap i'm open for anything

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
just kidding on the combo cover, though one jackass did do that my first day checking in there. there was much laughing at his expense.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
if you make it here on the weekend, just go to the Q and have them stamp your orders, the wing is not open on the weekend. First thing monday show up in Khakis and check in with the wing.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Dude, go the flight suit route. You'll be less conspicuous (sp?). You can always say "hey, I didnt know" or "Well everyone else is wearing a flight suit". Be unique. Be original.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
EODDave said:
Dude, go the flight suit route. You'll be less conspicuous (sp?). You can always say "hey, I didnt know" or "Well everyone else is wearing a flight suit". Be unique. Be original.

being unique is soooo cool in flight school. it is a good idea for the instructors to get to know your name right off the bat. That way when you fly with them they'll know who you are. Make a name for yourself, this is the rest of your career and people will remember you.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
EODDave said:

you know i knew that was pretty dumb, but when i checked in some folks actually came in flight suits

Acoustix99

pilot
Um, for at least some of the guys coming over from the Whiting VT's, we checked in right after selection, in flight suits, same thing we selected in. We weren't out of place, but maybe that's because all the helo pool guys were there for their thursday afternoon muster in flight suits. The people at the wing didn't seem to mind or care.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
the people at the wing were the ones that told me we were supposed to be in khakis for check in but that some folks just decided to come in flight suits. it did seem to irk them at least when i was there.

Bevo16

pilot
The wing check in is no big deal at all. The only person that you are even going to talk to is a ensign who has been dropped or DOR'd from the program and is probably waiting for their discharge paperwork. You are going to find out where to get your books and you are going to give them your recall number. That's pretty much it.

You will also have to go and do your HEEDS training sometime before you class up, so get that out of the way early.

Status
Not open for further replies.