• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check-In/Classing Up

coledcuts

I'll be attempting to check into that class as well. I commissioned way back in June and assumed I would've been TBS-bound long ago. At least the weather will be tolerable, eh?

I'm jealous of your PTAD position. I've been trying to get on board at my office since July, but keep getting stories like "have to wait until FY10" "your paperwork is awaiting approval at HQ" and more recently "We're waiting for Pres. Obama to approve the 2010 budget".

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I'll be attempting to check into that class as well. I commissioned way back in June and assumed I would've been TBS-bound long ago. At least the weather will be tolerable, eh?

I'm jealous of your PTAD position. I've been trying to get on board at my office since July, but keep getting stories like "have to wait until FY10" "your paperwork is awaiting approval at HQ" and more recently "We're waiting for Pres. Obama to approve the 2010 budget".

You get to ski every day if you want to, I get to cold call 100 leads submitted through the internet, 99% of which are fake.

Some people have no life... honestly what type of turd spends all day submitting other people's names to us.

yodaears

pilot
What exactly does the swim qual consist of? I hear traces of a first or second class qual, but how do the instructors grade you?

Why does everyone always stress the swim qual????? This is a naval service, hence the ANCHOR. Learn to swim before you show up.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Swim really wasn't a big deal. Maybe it's different now, but for B co '07 swim qual had nothing at all to do with whether you started with the company or not. The vast majority passed and the rest came back for remedial swim till they passed.

Just show up at a reasonable time and don't look jacked up. Don't be that guy who shows up with his bars sideways saluting fellow 2nd Lt's and sounding off like you're still at OCS. They will probably already have billet holders for each platoon who were already there for one reason or other. Just do what you're told and learn the true meaning of "stand by".

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Why does everyone always stress the swim qual????? This is a naval service, hence the ANCHOR. Learn to swim before you show up.

Because as hard as it may be to believe, some people just don't have access to the facilities to try and learn. I've known people who've joined the Navy who NEVER swam a day in their life before they joined.

coledcuts

You get to ski every day if you want to, I get to cold call 100 leads submitted through the internet, 99% of which are fake.

Some people have no life... honestly what type of turd spends all day submitting other people's names to us.

That was basically the plan. No new snow coupled with lack of active military ID (for HUGE discount on season pass) and DFAS $$ makes this a purgatorial situation. Plenty-o-time for the Commandant's suggested reading list though...

Funny, I think I was actually lured here by a cold call. That does sound frustrating though.

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!

Yeah man, I'm down for another Quantico summer. God knows it'll be better than the winter..I feel for those who have to endure the cold.

As far as the PTAD goes, it really is nice...and I'm sure that any normal human being would like to be in this position for a while, but I've had enough of it. Even though Im doing PT and keeping up on knowledge, I still feel like a nasty civilian. It goes so much to the point that I actually wonder what my platoon staff at OCS would say if they saw me right now. Oh well.

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!
Oh and I forgot to mention Spyderlink. If anyone knows what it is then it speaks for itself. If not, heres the rundown of what keeps me the busiest on PTAD:

A marketing company that was hired by the Marine Corps has been so kind as to create an advertising program that allows college students to complete a mock "mission". Basically there are flyers posted conspicuously around college campuses with a picture of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and the words "Complete the Mission" above it. The mission is snapping a pic of the EGA with your phone, send it to a number posted on the flyer and they get submitted into a database and are then eligible for free items (t-shirt, water bottle, bumper sticker) courtesy of the Marine Corps. I'll give you one guess as to who the lucky guy is who gets to contact and annoy these people for their free items, and then gets to meet them on campus..

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot

I didn't have issues, but did you practice having someone attempt to drown you and then dragging them x meters before you showed up?

That being said, it took me 74 min to swim the mile in API. F*ck that.

murcielago08na

I know what you mean. I been doing PTAD for over 3 months now and have spent hundreds of hours on oPPc calling fake numbers.