• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charged felony but wanting to enlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrklr

A friend of mine (its actually a friend, not me, I have a BDCP slot) is trying to ENLIST (not going for officer) in the navy but is getting turned down because he was CHARGED with a felony. He got into a fight and was charged with assault I think. However, he was only CONVICTED of a misdemeanor. Can he enlist in the navy still? Does he need a waivor or what? Thanks.

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
He needs to talk to a recruiter; they can sometimes take care of those types of things. There was a day when the Navy would take anyone with a pulse. But now they are so overmanned they are forcing people out.

Ron

Originally posted by jrklr
I am currently a sergeant in the Marine Corps. I was arrested for possession of marijuana in high school. I was convicted of loitering with the intent to distribute. I made it into the corps and haven't regretted a thing about it. I have learned from my mistakes and believe that your buddy can too. If there is a will, there is a way. Tell him not to take no for an answer and keep on pushing. Semper Fi!

cricechex

I agree with Ron, he has to prove desire to be in the Navy, wavers are given out a lot. I had one for stealing back in junior high. It was a misdemeanor also. No sweat, I just talked with the CO at meps, who just happened to be a Helo pilot, I told him my desires in the Navy, and that was about all.
FYI the Air Farce is out for him, they look for any reason to disqualify a guy, and you already know about the Army, they'll even bring him back from the dead if they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.