• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Changing Primary locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlowery

i am about to begin API Monday, and i am scheduled for Primary at Vance AFB after API. Does anyone know if it is possible to request to have the location changed to either Corpus or Whiting? I do not really want to go to Vance, and it seems to me by the posts on the board that most other people agree. I am going to talk to LT Ulmer Monday in Flight Management about it, but just wanted to know if anyone else has requested a different location before and it has been granted. It seems as if they would put people who had prior flying experience at Vance because of the fact that most of the Air Force pilots have prior flight experience. Any comments appreciated....

Matt L.

gt0767a

The way that is was stated in my class is that if you can find someone who wants to switch with you within your class, than you might be able to switch if the command allows you. There are only so many spots available for each primary location per class, aspecially with Vance and Moody. Also, the Vance a Moody slots are rare.

Hope that helps.

mattlowery

thanks Christine. that is pretty much what they told me today. i think i may have someone that actually wants to switch though. if not, i'll just deal with it. are you still in Pensacola??

Matt L.

Scott H

Hey there Matt,
Congrats on classing up in API so quick! I am still waiting, but I have recieved pretty good word that I too will be going to Vance. I had my hopes high for Corpus! If there is anyone who is interested in trading with me who would like to go to Vance, please call me at 850-304-3970. Matt good luck to you and give me a ring if you find anything out.

Scott Hendrickson

Edited by - Scott H on 07/09/2002 08:10:15

Edited by - Scott H on 07/09/2002 08:21:06

mattlowery

yo yo Scott. well, i think i might be switching with this other dude and going to Corpus. he's gonna tell me in the next day or two. so what the hell you been doing?? i hear you have been hiding from the stash jobs...i don't blame you. well, i need to go back for a couple more chapters of Weather. take it sleezy.

Matt L.

Paul Burke

Hey Matt,

I found an abandoned camera in one of the GTX rooms that had pictures of the absolute worst hurricane I have seen and it defintitely ranks up there as far as worst in history. Rumor has it that it was someone in 21-02. It looked like about 500 lbs of wet sand? I made double prints so come by GTX and I'll give you the set.

mattlowery

yeah, it was probably Neff's room on "Welcome Aboard" saturday. that's the last time i remember seeing a hurricane that bad using sand. most of them don't use sand. anyhoo, i might drop by tomorrow or something. thanks

matt l.

esco02

I am going to be heading down P-cola Aug. 16th to start API. I was wondering if anyone knew how they choose who goes to Vance for training? Is it usually people with previous flight experience, or just luck of the draw?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike

mattlowery

they are saying that they are trying to put people with flight experience at Vance. i didn't have any at all and they still put me there...go figure.

Matt L.

esco02

Thanks for the info Matt.
I was hoping that it was just luck of the draw. I have my private, and multi-engine license, but hopefully I will get lucky and get Corpus.
Hey did you have any luck with switching from Vance to Corpus?

Thanks,

Mike

ghost_ttu

My recruiter says they don't consider flight time when selecting for SNA's. I'm taking my checkride this week for my private and I hope to have my instrument by November. Will this enhance my application? Or do they really not look at this stuff?

mattlowery

still working on it Mike. there aren't that many slots for Vance, so it doesn't mean you'll get thrown in there. just depends on the Navy's needs at the time, like anything else.

Matt L.

Malamar

Hey there, I was the victim of that hurricane. It was class 22-01, Gunny Rocquemore that granted us the pleasure of having cocktail weenies, mountain dew, sand, mustard, gold fish, and much more strewn about. It was quite a day. It happened 2 days prior to becoming Candidate Officers in the last week of June, 2001. I saw a few people taking pictures and always wanted to have my own, can I get a set from you? Thanks, Matt

quote:
Hey Matt,

I found an abandoned camera in one of the GTX rooms that had pictures of the absolute worst hurricane I have seen and it defintitely ranks up there as far as worst in history. Rumor has it that it was someone in 21-02. It looked like about 500 lbs of wet sand? I made double prints so come by GTX and I'll give you the set.

n/a

Malamar,

Are you the guy that lived in Sugar Tree in Corpus? If so, drop me a line. I'm just loving life here at Vance

mwilkeni

quote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to request to have the location changed to either Corpus or Whiting
Matt L.

Matt, it is possible if you really want to, I didn't find this out until I got up to Vance but if you jump the chain and go straight to the CO at API he can change it. However, I would think twice about doing this because you may be burning some bridges by doing so.

Hey Trung, how are T-1's treating you? are you in Class 03-02? If so so hi to Chad, Mike, and the others for me

Mark Wilkening

Status
Not open for further replies.