• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Changing 4-year colleges?

DesertRayne

I am currently on track in my third year studying mechanical engineering at California State University Fresno. I am thinking about transferring to California State University Long Beach to finish my undergraduate degree and be closer to home. Is that possible/allowed? How will it affect applying for programs like BDCP or NUPOC? As I understand it, California is divided into northern and southern regions for recruiting. My recruiter for the Fresno area is up in Sacramento, but if I stayed home in SoCal the recruiting office is in LA. Will I have to change recruiters or something? Since the schools are both in the CSU system I'm pretty sure most of my classes will transition fine, and I'm planning on staying with the same major. Does anyone know where/how I can obtain more information about this? I'm already in the middle of the application process for NUPOC, but my recruiter told me he'll put me in for BDCP if I don't make it. Thanks.

Lobster

I am currently on track in my third year studying mechanical engineering at California State University Fresno. I am thinking about transferring to California State University Long Beach to finish my undergraduate degree and be closer to home. Is that possible/allowed? How will it affect applying for programs like BDCP or NUPOC? As I understand it, California is divided into northern and southern regions for recruiting. My recruiter for the Fresno area is up in Sacramento, but if I stayed home in SoCal the recruiting office is in LA. Will I have to change recruiters or something? Since the schools are both in the CSU system I'm pretty sure most of my classes will transition fine, and I'm planning on staying with the same major. Does anyone know where/how I can obtain more information about this? I'm already in the middle of the application process for NUPOC, but my recruiter told me he'll put me in for BDCP if I don't make it. Thanks.

I don't think you'll have to change recruiters if you're already working with one, I go to school in upstate New York and I work with a recruiter out of my home in Philadelphia. If you're classes transfer and you're grades are still good to go I don't see any problems that could arise with it as long as you have all the documents for the transfer and your transcripts to show, and you're not leaving on bad terms or for disciplinary reasons. Did you talk to you're recruiter about the transfer? He's going to be the best one to get gouge on it from. Best of luck.