• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Change in OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Williams

I'm just writing to find out if anyone has had a recent change in their OCS date. I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he informed me that my original OCS date of 02Jun has been changed to 16Jun. Needless to say i'm not too happy. Just writing to see if anyone else has had a change, and to say hello to all my future OCS classmates of 16Jun.
ed

Kyle McWhirter

Remember big guy...positive thinking. Let's hope you get the 02Jun slot back. This might be our very first encounter with following orders even though they might suck a bit. We're all pulling for you Ed.

Ed Williams

I guess that this may be a small first test of what every Navay Officer needs... Flexibility. Hopefully i'll be able to get it back. Thanks for the advice kyle.
ed

Musiqlover

Hey, I volunteered to be in the 16JUN class, and I am a cool guy, so if you stay in that class at least you will have me to hang out with!!!! :)

PM

unfUSN

Ed... mine was changed too, from 02JUNE01 to 06JUNE01. Which appears to be a wednesday? I didn't know they startes classes on a wednesday... oh well.

ATP

Ed Williams

It changed to the 6th? Are you sur eits not the 16th? I thought that they only started classes every 2 weeks. I'll ask my recruiter if he knows about a class starting on the 6th.
ed

unfUSN

It could be the 16th I'll check it again, but I'm pretty sure it said the 6th... I tried to get a trip to ACES but my rec told me that they weren't scheduling any new trips any time soon... does any body know about this?

ATP

Ed Williams

Hopefully you will be in the 16June class. I figure that the more people that we know, the better off we'll be. Let me know when you find out for sure.
ed

Walker

I know I've posted this before, but my class is June 9 because I was told the June 2 class was full. Anyone hear anything about this?

unfUSN

I talked with my rec again and he said the papers I got in the mail were wrong... and my OCS date is gonna be June2.

ATP

Walker

unfUSN,
Italked to my rec. and he said ACES was all booked up. He said they were scheduling people six months in advance for ACES, because I tried to get a ACES slot too.

Musiqlover

Dear Walker,

I have heard QUITE the opposite. Something is screwed up in Pensacola! I spoke to the HEAD of Aces, and he said that they have had to CANCEL several ACES classess because they are not being filled up. Supposedly they aren't getting enough people to fill up the classess. I believe that they have to have a minumum of 10 people in a class. What is going on here? It sounds VERY fishy to me.

Sincerely,

Musiqlover

Walker

Who knows musiqlover! It wouldn't be the first time that my rec. was wrong with information. Sometimes I feel like I'm pulling teeth when I try to get an answer out of those guys. They keep telling me that my OCS date in June 9, when everyone elses on here is either the 2nd or the 16th. In any case it doesn't look like I can expect a trip to ACES before OCS. I wish you better luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.