• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Change home address at OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catpounce

I plan on moving to the area when I go down to report to OCS (even if they don't pay for my moving expenses it will be less expensive since storage rates here are astronomical). So, Do I change my address when I get there or when I leave here? This will be my new home of record since it is where my family lives and can be a permanent address for me to use. Does anyone have any info on how this works? I guess the main thing that I am wondering about is will they still pay for my travel time (3 days) if it is a move (since they won't move me)? Any advice greatly appreciated.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
They will pay travel time depending upon what your orders say. They will look at your origin and destination and the amount of travel you are allowed to get from one to the other. Its all based on milages. Your home of record won't have anything to do with it. Just because you move from california or where ever does not mean that has to be your home of record. They will explain all that when you get there.

gin_e

the way i understand it is that they will pay for you to travel but they won't pay for you to move, unless you are prior enlisted. they'll only reimburse you for mileage and hotel expenses for whatever distance or time they deem is appropriate for the distance you are travelling.

ginny

Status
Not open for further replies.