• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohlmeyerdp

I'm currently an E-4 in the Marine Corps and am considering aviation. I have a 65 OAR, 8 AQR, 7 PFAR, and 8 FOFAR on the ASTB, a BS in Business Management with a 4.0 GPA, 99 ASVAB, 1450 SAT and 4.7, 4.7 Pro/Cons. What else will be considered in a package and what exactly do I have to do to get going?

usmcecho4

pilot
selection

Get a kick ass PFT score and make sure you pass the eye exam, which is in-depth (read: very picky). you won't know about the eye thing until you are accepted to the program so focus on getting that PFT up there. contact you local oso www.marineofficer.com to get the ball rolling.

kill,
usmcecho4

scarfacekracker

How in-depth is the eye exam. I have passed many eye exams before in the military and have not had any problems. I don't have 20/20 vision but I still pass. Will this be a problem? Should I get lasik done? Do you need to have 20/20 vision or just be correctable to 20/20?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Do not get Lasik! It is not acceptable for aviators. PRK is the only procedure that is ok'd on a waiverable basis. Look up the topic of eyesight on this site. I think that its 20/40 correctable to 20/20.

With those scores, if you want to join the Marine Aviation community I dont think that you would have a problem. Just make sure your fitreps look as good as your academic scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.