• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahjess

I was a math major at ucla. I graduated in 06.

I fucked around my last year of college (ok, I came to school like 10 times) and bent my 3.6 into a 3.26 (getting kicked out of the honors program in the process)

ASTB 8 9 9 70

I'm guessing that my stats might get me a slot, but the thing is, I have basically no xtra carrics... or competitive sports experience... or people who would recommend me for anything really. I've always been an anticonformist, and thought organized sports were for monkey see monkey do types when I was younger.

My athletic condition is very good. I practice gymnastics and bboying... but my employment record is spotty at best. Many jobs... I was even homeless at one point.

As a candidate, I have a lot of flaws, but the truth is that I want desperately to fly. In fact, I would do anything. Also, I have had a very troubled past/family life, and also desperately want to find structure and pride in something like the core.

I'm frightened that, from a recruiter's standpoint, I might come across as too rough around the edges, and not serious about becoming a pilot.

Any recommendations as to how I should frame myself in my application?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Any recommendations as to how I should frame myself in my application?

Not as this...

I've always been an anticonformist

Did you learn anything from what you f-ed away? What? What are you going to do about it? Why do you want to be a Naval Officer? Why do you want to be an aviator?

Answering these for yourself will get you alot of the way to "framing" your application.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Any recommendations as to how I should frame myself in my application?
Yes .... quit wasting our time here ... this forum is not a halfway house for misfits.

Go see an Officer Recruiter and let us know how it all works out for you.

lockedbl6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.