• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of selection for OCS?

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
BUM Gouge Alert!

UGAdawg34 said:
He did mention to forget about it if you have ever made a C, although I don't think that that is a problem looking at your GPA.

You're recruiter is wrong! While a technical "C" is not a good thing, one that is explainable and backed up by good performance afterward is no problem; it can be waived and I have seen it done.

BTW, the Nuke bashing here has to stop. Saying that nobody wants to do it is plain false, ignorant and misleading. The reason why they pay so well and offer bonuses is the competition among employers to hire qualified engineers. We have people fighting to become submariners and for good reason; no place else can an engineer get the training and experience that the nuclear Navy provides. Is it easy? No way. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
RockyMtnNFO said:
You're recruiter is wrong! While a technical "C" is not a good thing, one that is explainable and backed up by good performance afterward is no problem; it can be waived and I have seen it done.

Yeah, when I interviewed, a comp sci major with a 2.8 (and a few D's) got selected. I had a 3.1 with C's and C+'s peppered throughout my transcript, and still made it to the interviews (which I glorioulsy flubbed). Unless it's gotten a lot more competitive, a 3.0 in tech major pretty much got you to the interviews, and at that point, it's yours to lose.

The super competitive ones are Nuke power instructor (they want a min of 3.3), I applied and didn't screen soley because of my GPA. NR Engineer is something sick like needing a 3.6+ to screen.

RockyMtnNFO said:
BTW, the Nuke bashing here has to stop.

But it's so much fun!

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Thisguy said:
No, it's just for Nukes.
I've heard just the opposite for this (maybe even starting this FY)... meaning non-nuke SWO needs to have 2 semester of both calculus and calculus-based physics.

What's the reality?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
ROTC Kids and Academy kids are required to have two semesters of calc and calc-based physics. It sucks for the non-technical majors!

ChiefLiam

Need help re: Son wants to find a way to OCS. BS Finance honors.
I am retired Navy-- FCC(SS) Liam McGonigle USNR