• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of getting selected

Divine

Hi family , I’ve been wondering and would like to know my chances of been selected for the upcoming supply officer ocs board in Feb. My only worry is the OAR score .

Education: Computer Networks and Cybersecurity
GPA: 3.94
Current Status : Active duty / LS1 / 7.5 yrs service
AOR: 40
Awards: 3 NAMS, 2 FLOC

RhodesReese

Hi family , I’ve been wondering and would like to know my chances of been selected for the upcoming supply officer ocs board in Feb. My only worry is the OAR score .

What designator are you applying for?

exNavyOffRec

I wouldn't worry about it, I have seen several picked up with low or lower OAR's, but they had high GPA's and relevant experience. In most cases the boards don't give much attention to the OAR as it is a number NRC can change on a whim to limit or increase the number of applicants.

Mos

None

To be precise, here's a formula:

o/400 + (g + 1.2t + 0.81p + a)/60
Where:
o = OAR score
g = GPA
t = time in service
p = paygrade (E1 = 1, E2 = 2, etc.)
a = total award points (where number of NAMs are multiplied by 0.04 and number of FLOCs by 0.01)

For you, this computes to 0.42, or 42%.

Disclaimer: Chances of selection to officer accession programs cannot be reliably computed via any formula. This formula is not based on any actual research. For further information, see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams, 1979, ISBN 0-330-25864-8).