• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG Pilots Needed?

kanakAttack

how much for the ape?
No I haven't seen the Guardian and don't plan to until TNT is airing it 80 times a month. I just got NPQ'd in the 3rd week of USMC OCS. Its nothing major and I was recommended to return but I don't really fit in with the Marine Corps culture and think that the mission of the CG fits me better. I'm interested in applying under Blue 21 and am curious about the state of CG aviation. Is the CG hurting for or in need of pilots? I know how the Navy and Marine pendulum swings back and forth between high need and impossible to get in I figure the CG has the same issues and am wondering where in the cycle the pendulum is swinging right now.

Rubiks06

pilot
Well i just heard the talk to some of the coasties about how there are too many coastie officers in the CG right now and a lot of them are getting put on hold coming out of the flight pipeline. Soo...not sure what that would mean for you. Cant hurt to go talk to a recruiter.

sardaddy

pilot
That is the first I have heard of us having too many officers. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Coppertop222

yeah too many officers is way wrong.
Too many coasties going through flight school right now, more true but now not an issue.
They had slowed coasties down as we pay to have a certain number of students in the pipeline at a given time and they had too many at one point and were delaying people starting IFS/API/PRIMARY/Advanced but the same # of coasties still come down here for training every year.

USCGaviator

pilot
That is the first I have heard of us having too many officers. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.
Yep, I think Coppertop's explanation is pretty close to the truth. I saw a message today announcing criteria for an upcoming RW to FW Transition Board. The CG hasn't had one of these for a few years and usually means that the NPA pipeline can't keep up with shortages in the FW community.

Additionally, we have several pilots on AD that are Retired Recalls (I happen to be one of them). If we were "fat" on O's, they wouldn't be inviting us back for an encore performance.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Interestinly, I heard something the other day about the CG being short on funds for a bit in the pipeline (temporarily, of course). I guess the bean-counters aren't talking to one another again.