• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CF6 engine information

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
This might be a futile plea but hear it goes. I am going through a pseudo DC-10 ground school and need some information about engine specs. If anyone has had any experience or information about the CF6-10, -30, and -50 engine I would greatly appreciate any help. I need some information regarding fuel flow for start, pounds of thrust available in each model for both normal and reverse thrust settings, ground and flight idle values, and what compressor spool the accesory drive is geared to.

I feel bad about asking for outside help but the old UAL manuals that we have are severly lacking in engine schematics and performance info. Thanks in advance.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
That is more than I have ever even wondered about our (A300/310) engines:
CF-6-802CA5
CF-6-802CA5F
CF-6-80A3
JT-9
PW4152
PW4158

And all I know is ---> Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow

If your ground school wants you to know that kind of information than they need to provide you with the info.. And if they can't then get your/company's money back!

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
After more than six hours of searching I finally found what I needed to know. Thank you.