• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CEPs

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Whatever you do... don't fork over your own dime for them. AMSO's and AMSC's can do them for you. I just recently (last month or two) sent out several kits to some AMSO's. If they don't have the stuff, they can get in touch with the FAILSAFE Team Lead or myself (myself = the FAILSAFE Tiger Team Coordinator) to find out how to go about getting the kits.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Whatever you do... don't fork over your own dime for them. AMSO's and AMSC's can do them for you. I just recently (last month or two) sent out several kits to some AMSO's. If they don't have the stuff, they can get in touch with the FAILSAFE Team Lead or myself (myself = the FAILSAFE Tiger Team Coordinator) to find out how to go about getting the kits.

For sure.....I'm sure CEP's are not worth the money you would have to fork out of your own pocket

teabag53

pilot
Once you get the CEP stuff, is it easy to remove yourself? Or do you have to have a PR remove it for you?

As a helo dude, mine just plugged into my helmet and taking them off was as simple as unplugging/removing them. Helmet then worked fine without.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
You're helmet will still work in the traditional sense even with CEPs. (ie the sound still comes out of the earcups).

I'm a huge advocate. They cut out a lot of noise.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
As a CAT 1, you're low man on the totem pole for gear. Things will be slightly better in your fleet squadron. I don't know if Guam is the same as HI, but it was hard to come by stuff in HI that is very easy to come by now INCONUS just because there's a supply point at the main bases (San Dog, Mayport/Jax, etc).

The best way to get gear you want? Suck off the Reserves teet. Lots of money there.

Yeah, I figured I'm low priority, although it's more like what they have, they give out. I've seen brand new checkins getting boots. I just have a common size which is going to higher priority folks, the odd pair they get.

I hope Guam being on an AFB may mean better supply, but being different pots of money, I sincerely doubt it. I can have delusional hope....

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Just talked to the base ASO. He said the only way I could get them here at South Whiting is to get a flight doc to say I have a medical need for them. Which of course would be documented in the medical record. Sounds like several people have them and are getting them from their fleet squadrons, so I'm thinking I'm just going to hold off.