• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centennial of Naval aviation Breitling watch???

Citation3

Are any of you gentlemen familiar with the Centennial anniversary Breitling LE Airwolf? I have seen test images of it floating around a few other sites in the past couple months but now pictures of the produced watch has shown up recently purchased by a retired Naval Aviator.

Apparently it was produced in a lot of 500 individually numbered pieces. Just curious if the watch had been offered to you all exclusively? Was the production of if commissioned by the Navy? I'm wondering if it is similar to the Reno Air Race LE Airwolf available to the public or is this watch limited only to current or prior Navy flyers?

It is definitely one of the nicest looking dials out there incorporated into one of the most impressive platforms produced by Breitling.

breitling100.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It's been advertised by Breitling for about 6 months. The MSRP is about $4500. But it is a digital, not automatic so for that price I'll be passing on it. Automatics will last forever if properly maintained and new parts can always be made by a watch maker if needed. Digitals have a limited life and when something goes wrong, the whole movement needs replaced. Breitling only keeps extra digital movements on hand for a few years after they quit making that model of watch.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeesh. And people say the X-33 is expensive.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Pretty sharp; I like both autos and quartz watches (and the SuperQuartz movement put out by Breitling is impressive). The only issues I have are the price (wonder what discounts are offered) and that bezel is a waste.

But I'll bet they sell 'em all.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Years ago I bought a Breitling; I would not have paid $4500 for it...or any other watch. That being said, I love this watch.

Breitling.jpg

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, am I the only one that thinks that image for the centennial looks like crap? I think this one was hand and fist above the other
9613.jpg

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Ok, am I the only one that thinks that image for the centennial looks like crap? I think this one was hand and fist above the other
9613.jpg

Agreed.

The only worse centennial logo than the one on the watch is the one the MPRA guys came up with. They didn't put any wings on it because they didn't want to "leave anyone out". YGTBSM. I'll see if I can find a picture. . .

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Am I the only one who thinks "limited edition" Breitlings aren't that limited?

gotta_fly

pilot
Agreed.

The only worse centennial logo than the one on the watch is the one the MPRA guys came up with. They didn't put any wings on it because they didn't want to "leave anyone out". YGTBSM. I'll see if I can find a picture. . .

Speaking of not leaving anyone out, I've started seeing the same logo around the squadron here, except with NFO wings in place of the NA wings.