• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cell Phone Coverage on Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlinscott

Can anyone tell me how good the T-mobile signal is on NAS Pensacola? I was just curious if I should switch plans before tranfering.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
switch plans if u have sprint. my damn phone goes to digital roaming everytime i'm on base and sometimes at my own apartment..it sucks.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
I have T mobile and the coverage on the base is not that good. Out in town it works fine, but I have trouble every now and then on base. It worked most of the time during OCS.

schmuckatelli

You can keep them in your car. Cell phone coverage on base will not be good because of all the radars and other high-powered electrical equipment around. Get a Costco prepaid calling card and bring it with you in the event your cell phone doesn't work. Then you can at least use a landline from the exchange or wherever to make a call.

KV

Actually they just put a new tower up right on base or right outside of it. I think it's either All-tel or AT&T, but I'm not positive. I do know it's not sprint however, because my service still blows.

shnap51

Selected NFO
Maybe hold off for a bit on changing cell plans...you should soon be able to transfer your number between carriers.

For me, it would be a major inconvenience to change my number right now.

jeric_k

I had Sprint...it sucked except for the old pier where the YP's are. that is the only place I could get a signal.

I heard Alltel and Verizon were pretty good.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I had Verizon while at OCS - worked GREAT from the rooms in Batt 1...not that I'm advocating having a cell phone at OCS or anything...contraband, you know...

-A

twidget

Deskaholic
Anyone else have comments about T-mobile? I've had Sprint for a few years now, and I'm ready to move on.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.