• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN CEC Board July 13 2020

Figured I would kick off a thread on the July 13th CEC board. My package as of today is complete and awaiting my OR to submit. Been working at this process now since February (Pre-Covid-19 frustrations). I am an 11-year prior active AT rate converted to SWCC, dual degree BSME and Science, graduate school student (currently at night), with engineering management work experience. Looking forward to a favorable response back from the board and hopefully the Navy needs me as much as I want to be back on the winning team. Would love to connect with those on the same journey as I am for July 2020 CEC.

How was the turn out for the last board? Did you guys get OCS dates as of yet? I know it can take time to run through the Navy’s grinder, not to mention Covid-19 measures, but I was curious what the masses are experiencing for turnaround

JimIII

How was the turn out for the last board? Did you guys get OCS dates as of yet? I know it can take time to run through the Navy’s grinder, not to mention Covid-19 measures, but I was curious what the masses are experiencing for turnaround
So I’m actually a collegiate so I won’t be going to OCS until 2022. In terms of turnaround for the last board, I found out I was ProRec Y the day after the board and so did another person. Another person found out about a month after the board so it varies. From my understanding we are all still waiting in the final select letter and OCS dates.

Congratulations on your selection for the April 13 2020 board!

What an amazing feeling it must be to get that simple little "Y" at the end of an acronym from the long journey of paperwork, MEPs, and hoop jumping that precedes. After talking with my OR and the professionals in power, I'm deciphering that the speed of process for selection status varies among applicants. Due to the fact that the OR whom is handling my package is on his "A" game, I am confident he'll keep me abreast of status by the minute; nothing but confidence in the NRD/NRC staff for the South Texas region! If all goes maybe we'll cross each other on the other side.

Good luck to you with finishing up the academics, little bit of relief on your end for the years ahead I'm sure.

I can add on to what JimIII said above, I found out just past the 5 week mark from when the board met (applied last board). My OR notified me when the official board results were released, but it sounds like the Accessions Officer may notify your OR beforehand if they inquire about it.

I'm still waiting for a FINSEL letter and a OCS date, but my OR said I should the earliest I should expect to ship out right now is August. I am waiting on my background check to be conducted, since you are prior enlisted I don't know if this will speed that process up for you. With your credentials, you seem like a well qualified applicant. Good luck!

JimIII

Congratulations on your selection for the April 13 2020 board!

What an amazing feeling it must be to get that simple little "Y" at the end of an acronym from the long journey of paperwork, MEPs, and hoop jumping that precedes. After talking with my OR and the professionals in power, I'm deciphering that the speed of process for selection status varies among applicants. Due to the fact that the OR whom is handling my package is on his "A" game, I am confident he'll keep me abreast of status by the minute; nothing but confidence in the NRD/NRC staff for the South Texas region! If all goes maybe we'll cross each other on the other side.

Good luck to you with finishing up the academics, little bit of relief on your end for the years ahead I'm sure.
Thanks man I really appreciate it! You are absolutely right that little letter Y was so much of a relief for me. This has been something I've been working at for about 4 years now and it was an amazing feeling. You definitely seem to have a very good shot at this board and I applaud you for keeping at the process no matter how onerous the process is haha. Best of luck at the board and hopefully I'll see you in the fleet some day.

Mr. Blue Sky

Hey guys, first time long time. My application was submitted this week and I will be on the July board as well. I first got in touch with a recruiter back in February too and COVID definitely made it a little more difficult to get everything (MEPS) in for this board. No complaints though, my OR was great with helping me get everything done before the deadline. Now that the easy part is over time to wait for July, haha. Best of luck to everyone else applying!

My package submission was moved to the October board. So I'm out of the loop on this round. Minor paperwork corrections/adjustments on our end. It afforded me time to rock out the EIT/FE Exam in August, that'll certainly reinforce my position.

Alex0401

Alex0401
My application was submitted for the CEC Collegiate board that was scheduled for the 13th. I was told that I was pro rec'd and the board was moved up and met 7/10.

Mr_Crunch

My package submission was moved to the October board. So I'm out of the loop on this round. Minor paperwork corrections/adjustments on our end. It afforded me time to rock out the EIT/FE Exam in August, that'll certainly reinforce my position.
EIT will definitely help! You got this!