• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CEC Board Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
04Hopeful,

How come the CEC community keeps turning you down?? Tell us what's up. We can help you develop a better package.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Mojo,

Thanks for the support! I think the only reason I am getting turned down is because of my age (33). I am not sure what else there is to do. I have a 69 ASTB score, 99 on the ASVAB, BS in Aerospace Engineering with a minor in math, and I have spent a considerable amount of timing during college working construction jobs (concrete foundation, roofing, framing, mudding/taping etc) Any insight would be appreciated though!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Hopeful,

Did you interview with the West Coast Accessions Officer? That probably carries some weight. Passing the EIT/FE is almost required as well.

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
What my accessions officer told me during my interview is that if you are not applying for BDCP, meaning that you are looking for a spot at OCS, you have to be top notch to get a slot. You have to pass the FE/EIT or even better be a PE-- it all depends on your graduation date. If you graduated 6 years ago, they expect you to have your PE.

Also, construction management and engineering experience is a ++. If you don't have your EIT or PE you better start working for it. IF the CEC keeps rejecting your application and you are close to the age limit 35 y.o. you have to look for alternatives. The air force has a similar department, they look for engineers as well. All I can say is keep trying, during the application process, try to get professional certificates such as CEM <certified energy manager> and things like that.

Good luck

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Thisguy: Yes I had a great interview with him, he is a top notch officer and he wrote an excellent recommendation. I am working on the EIT but the next date is not until October so that will be too late for this application.

Mojo: If they truly expect me to have my PE by now then I am just _hit out of luck. I guess I will just apply for the Army Reserve as a battle field engineer then and learn to blow _hit up ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.