• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CEC Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

I am in the Air Force, but with the CEC equivelant to the Navy. I went to tech school with the Seabees at Ft. Leonardwood...they kill ya'll on PT..good luck!

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
Originally posted by Laxanation
can anyone on this site offer insight into becoming a part of the CEC...worth it, not worth it???

Have you applied yet??? What are you waiting for???

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm glad ginny is so enthusiastic about it, but I just wanted to clarify a few things. I'm currently active duty, and looking to transfer into the CEC. It's mostly shore duty, the only deployable unit being the Seabees who account for about 16% of CEC officers. Also, the master's is only free if you stay on past the 4 year commitment, but hey, that's still a monster deal, because I don't know any other community that will guarantee you a masters at a civilian university between your 4th and 10th year of service.

R_mojo1

Thisguy,

If you need a contact with the same background as yours, let me know. I know this LT in the CEC that transfered from the AMDO community. I can send you his e-mail if you want me to.

PS. This forum is dead. The last post was made on Jan

Ronnie

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
R_mojo1 said:
Thisguy,

If you need a contact with the same background as yours, let me know. I know this LT in the CEC that transfered from the AMDO community. I can send you his e-mail if you want me to.

PS. This forum is dead. The last post was made on Jan

Ronnie

That'd be awesome, go ahead and PM me.

R_mojo1

Thisguy said:
That'd be awesome, go ahead and PM me.

I sent you a PM telling you what's up. Why do you want to leave the AMDO community? What kind of degree do you have. You know that CEC only accepts engineers, right? This is the way to go. I talked to several CEC officers and they all loved it. You have your own working hrs. And the best of all is, no sea duty... unless you go to the Seabees.

I hate sea duty :icon_rage

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
R_mojo1 said:
I sent you a PM telling you what's up. Why do you want to leave the AMDO community? What kind of degree do you have. You know that CEC only accepts engineers, right? This is the way to go. I talked to several CEC officers and they all loved it. You have your own working hrs. And the best of all is, no sea duty... unless you go to the Seabees.

I hate sea duty :icon_rage

I have a degree in mechanical engineering, and let's just say AMDO is not a very technical designator. Also, my "peers" in the AMDO community are about 20 years older than me, so it's not nearly as fun as other communities where you hang out with other JOs.

Also, lack of Sea Duty isn't why I want to go CEC. In fact, I want to try to get a seabee tour for my first assignment. I joined the Navy to have a more "military" type job, and the Seabees fits the bill.

What community are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.