• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CEC Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFU2USN

Jaz,

I know I saw a poster under the Basic Schools section of the forum on the www.usnavyocs.com site.

I can also give you the Seabee perspective on things. :)

Robin

Sammie

I applied to work at Chuck E Cheese but the manager said he didn't need any new workers at that time.

jaznups

aight cool... LOL!

i'll check it at the other site... thanx Robin

What is your seabee perspective

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

emart69

I'm BCDP CEC, I'll graduate in May and my OCS date is 31 May, counting down the weeks. How about you. Are you a civil engineering major or something else

jaznups

Seeing that I'll be talking to myself for a while...

I finally swore in Saturday :)

I also figured out where all the CEC Deppers are! THEY ARE ALL IN NRD Chicago. There were a bunch of them taking their final PRT b4 OCS. How weird is it to be in a small naval community like CEC and meet like 4 CEC Deppers from your same district all going to OCS either JUN 14th or JUN 28th and then like 4 Nuke peeps?

Hey Emart---
I imagine they'll be your "heat shield"...
glasses_125.gif

Anyhoo...

Jaz

gin_e

hey, I'm applying for the CEC too! I've been told I'll be attending OCS at the earliest May 31st and the latest June 28th. But I'm still waiting to hear if I am selected for sure or not. Seems like there are a number of CEC Candidates going to OCS those dates.

jaznups

Yea it's strange considering the amt of people that are in the CEC like 1500?

Well Best Wishes!

Jaz

gin_e

It's probably from the huge CEC BDCP push recently, alot of them are graduating now and they want them to finish OCS before the next fiscal year in October. So the only possible dates are May 31-June 28th.

jaznups

Ahh that makes sense now...
B/C CEC seems to be really really selective for FY04 and beyond candidates...

montgomeryga

Hey y'all - I got picked up for the BDCP program for the CEC about 3 years ago (right after freshman year of college - before the cutback). Now I'm a recent University of Texas at Austin graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Heading out to OCS for the Sept. 06 class and I am PUMPED. I've only heard good news about the CEC - both from CEC officers and recruiters who are transferring.

huskiealum

hi montgomery.

I'm in exactly your boat...a three year veteran of BDCP, going to OCS for CEC on Sept 6. but I graduated from University of Washington in Civil. and Jaz, there must be something about CECers in 4s, because there are three other people from my major that are going CEC too, all here are NRD Seattle. one guy is coming with me Sept 6 and the other two girls are going Sept 20. I've also heard only great things about CEC. I was talking to a recent OCS grad who majored in Civil but was going NUC, and went to listen to the CEC detailer. he said our detailer totally had it together and seemed reallly cool. so that is good news too. well, good luck with those sit ups and push ups...

Laxanation

Why is CEC cutting back? Don't they know I want to get in it? haha This news upsets me though seriously, it's what I want to do. I'm only going to be a sophomore though....do you think things will loosen up?

gin_e

worth it!
everyone who is currently in the navy that i've told about the cec thinks it is the best kept secret ever! most notably, you get a free masters degree, it's all shore duty, it's only a 4 year commitment, and it's a very small tight knit community. even my recruiter was convinced! the only drawback is that they're all engineers :)

ginny

Status
Not open for further replies.