• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Career change before OCS

lusos

A man's gotta eat
Hey all,

In short, I have my packet submitted for OCS for the 3 Oct. Board and I have a feeling that I am very competitive for this board.

Looking at old thread and posts, in theory if I am selected on 3 October, then I should be in Newport around Early February 2017. I understand that there are no guarantees, but I'm using this as a rough estimate based on indicators of past applicants.

Anyways, I am at the 3 year mark with my current company. I am absolutely miserable and have been since day one. I have had numerous recent job offers ranging from temp jobs to full blown management positions, but I have not taken them since I am expecting to be gone by February.

If I was to change jobs before OCS (packet has been submitted, along with SF86 and interview with security clearance agent), would I need to notify the selection board? Would it be worth the hassle or should I just tough out the last 7 months?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If you're miserable, change jobs... Don't let a theoretical exercise regarding future employment hold you back... You may never get picked up. The board doesn't care that you've changed jobs and you can update you SF86 stuff in your interview.