• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Car at OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paskez2

Hey guys,

I finally got my OCS date for the 9th of April and I was wondering if I should bring my car down or just leave it here in Boston with my brother. My recruiter told me that a lot of candidates do bring their cars down, but I wanted to ask the opinions of any OCS grads here. Thanks.

Jason

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
I would DEFINITELY bring a car. It is nice to have a place to store stuff for inspections, store stuff for your "shipmates", an excuse to make a POV run and eat junk food or make phone calls (not that i did that). Also another big benefit is when/if you get secured you can go where ever you want without having to bum a ride. You get paid mileage to drive down too

If it is at all possible or practical you should bring a car. i can't think of one reason not to!

bart27

I second what USMC-2 said. I drove 3,000 miles so that I could have my car in Pcola. Mainly b/c I knew I would be staying there for API after OCS. Bring your car...its worth every mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.