• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAR-15 Trigger Pin Issue

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sounds like you done good. As long as it's in spec a lower is a lower. Just something to hang parts off of. I like Noveske lowers because they have a cool roll mark. I like BCM and Noveske uppers because you can't buy better quality. PSA appears to be following their model....especially BCM's model.

View attachment 10169

There's a yet to be built Noveske sitting in the cabinet that I've been waiting to find a good use for. That may not be until I get back to a normal state, but it's there waiting.

I know this is getting way off topic here, but Rocket, I just didn't have great luck with the BCM I got after you helped me with my build. I couldn't really get consistent accuracy with anything except Federal m193 (which didn't make sense to me with the rifling), and even that wasn't great. Maybe it was "standard" for a 14.5", but I doubt it after shooting my SBR a bunch. I was contemplating sending it back (I had a bunch of targets to prove it wasn't just me) but ended up selling it to a guy at work who seems happy. I replaced it with a 16" LW Noveske upper. A pure joy to shoot, and it's certainly more accurate than I am, but I'm getting results with it that I don't think would have happened with that BCM. I shot in an "Action Rifle" event last weekend, which turned out to be mostly a tactical precession rifle event. The Noveske was shooting out to 200 yards on steel w/ my Aimpoint PRO. I'm not sure I could have consistently done that with the BCM and an ACOG.

But...I am still a BCM fan, don't worry. My SBR has a BCM in it and it shoots great (when I'm there to shoot it), so you've still made a fan out of me for both. Thanks again for all the advice.